Advantages of the CCS C Compiler
CCS developed the first C Compiler for Microchip microcontrollers over 20 years ago and continues to provide software solutions to developers of embedded applications using PIC® MCU and PIC24/dsPIC® DSC devices. CCS compilers are easy to use and quick to learn. For the less experienced programmer, a detailed textbook explaining the C language and how it may be applied to PIC® microcontrollers.
Our compiler products include pro-level optimization, the largest library of built-in functions, powerful PIC® MCU specific pre-processor commands, and ready-to-run example programs to quickly jump-start any project. Our massive customer base provides us access to understanding our customer's requirements while developing advanced features with frequent releases and rare bugs.
Key Compiler Features:
- Easily migrate between all Microchip PIC® MCUs devices
- Minimize development time with: peripheral drivers and standard C constructs
- C++ style input/output streams with full data formatting to any device or for strings
- Use CCS libraries and object code royalty free
- Convenient functions like #bit and #byte allow C variables to be placed at absolute addresses
- The integral one-bit type (Short Int) permits the compiler to generate very efficient Bit-oriented code
- Easily define, set-up and manage interrupts
- Additional Compiler Details
C-Aware IDE - The Most Technologically Advanced
Our C-Aware IDE provides embedded developers with a suite of tools and an intelligent code optimizing Microchip PIC® C compiler that frees developers to concentrate on design functionality instead of having to become an MCU architecture expert. C-Aware allows developers to manage every aspect of their embedded software development, from design through device programming and debugging. C-Aware is the ideal environment to develop C program code with integrated built-in functions, performance analyzation and statistics, and debugging compiled code in real-time while running on Microchip PIC® devices.
Key C-Aware IDE Features:
- EZ App Lynx Library - Quickly create a Bluetooth® wireless sensor, managed on a mobile device
- Pro-Level Optimization - Optimized code brings lower production costs
- C Profiler Tool - Track time and usage information for use on functions, code blocks, as well as receiving live data from running programs
- Project Wizards - Jump start many project peripherals including USB and TCP/IP
- Debugger Watch Items - Allow for easy tracking of program data using a C syntax
- Data Streaming - Route program I/O to a PC using an ICD
- Code Metrics - Provides well known measures of program complexity, size and maintainability
- Help File - Comprehensive and easily accessible Help File with quick Help "pop-up" feature
- 97% ANSI C Compliant - All practical ANSI C standard requirements implemented
- Additional IDE Details
C Compiler Solution Suite
All CCS compilers have pro-level optimization and are available in flexible software configurations that fit your project requirements. New licenses include: initial download rights, optional maintenance renewals, and free tech-support for the life of the product. All compilers are compatible with third-party tools such as Microchip MPLAB® and MPLAB® X.