Prime8 Production Programmer
The Prime8 production programmer has eight high-speed ICSP™ jacks for high volume programming. Ideal for production environments, it can operate as a stand-alone production programmer with its USB Flash card reader, or with CCS software on the PC. Program up to 8 devices individually or concurrently.
New Revision Updates:
- 4.3" Touchscreen LCD user interface to menus and actions when using in standalone mode. Menu in a graphical display for easy icons to read any touch to activate.
- Aluminum enclosure is a smaller, sleek design and more durable for industrial use.
- Flash drive readability and faster programming speed.
- 8 MB internal flash for storing up to 4 individual & deployable programs
- Up-to 8 selectable targets
- Can supply up to 200 mA to each target
- Supports 2.0V to 5V targets
- Optional PC control using CCSLOAD Software or using an API other software
- Green/Pass, Red/Fail simulated LEDs for each target
Control Menu Features:
- Instruct to program device
- Verify program status
- Enable individual targets
- Specify Hex file
- Read device serial ID
- Create unique serial numbers
Prime8 Key Features:
- ICSP™ functionality with CCS C-Aware IDE Compilers
- Programming and debugging support for Microchip PIC® MCU, dsPIC® DSCs, & flash devices
- Programming support for Microchip PIC32
- Programming support for 8-bit AVR® microcontrollers (HVSP interface is not supported) **Hardware revisions 9 and newer
- Standalone programmer or powers & connects with USB
- Includes FREE CCSLOAD Software
- Drivers available for Linux and Windows (32 or 64-bit)
- RoHS compliant
Computer Requirements: CCS device programmers only work with 32 or 64-bit Windows on Intel®, AMD or Arm® processors, or with Linux on Intel® or AMD processors.
CCSLOAD FREE programmer control software supports the Prime8 and offers many new key features including; powerful command line options in Windows/Linux, extensive diagnostics, easy to use production interface, and enhanced security options.
Prime8 can be paired with Tag-Connect, a cost saving production ICSP™ Programming cable that eliminates the need for a ICSP™ connector on your product. Tag Connect provides a direct pin-to-circuit connection, saving space on your PCB. The modular end works with existing ICD programmers as well as the Prime8.
The 8-bit AVR® Programming Adapter can be used to connect the AVR® board to the CCS programmer if the board has the standard 2x3 or 2x5 AVR® programming connectors on it. See Connecting to Atmel Hardware if the AVR® board has a different connector.