Using CCS C Compiler in MPLAB® X
In this video tutorial, we demonstrate how to use the CCS C compiler within MPLAB® X!
You will learn how to:
- Install the CCS Plug-in in MPLAB® X
- Set up a new project in MPLAB® X
- Add an existing C source file to the project
- Compile and debug the project
- Find output files
- Program the chip
Frequently Asked Questions
Our message forum enables CCS customers to exchange ideas and thoughts. Since customers posting on this forum have a great deal of experience with our compiler, this is a good place to go if you are having problems or need help.
Phone: 262-522-6500 x32
The CCS technical support hotline is available 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Central Time, Monday — Friday
Subscribe to Email Alerts. Get your choice of new technical information, newsletters and product announcements
To help us provide you with the best possible service, please provide the following:
- Source and list files if you think the problem may be a compiler problem. ZIP up these files (mail programs may reformat text files) and attach them to the e-mail. Be sure to send all your included files and a clear problem description.
- Identify a particular line in the list/source file if applicable. The easier you make it for us to understand your problem, the faster we can reply.
- When CCS responds and you have a follow up question or are seeking additional information, include the original message and zip file if applicable. We get a large quantity of e-mails and can lose time searching for old messages and reconstructing the history of your problem.
- Do NOT simply send your source code with a note indicating that this is the problem discussed about on the phone - it is most likely that we will not remember the particulars of the call.
CCS C Compilers provide Pro-Level Optimization for a fraction of the cost. The extensive library of built-in functions are specific to Microchip PIC® MCUs.
The CCS IDE supplies powerful tools for accessing compiler features with easy migration between Microchip device families. Set up projects quickly with application-specific Project Wizards. The IDE C Profiler tool tracks function time and usage information with live data streams from running programs.
CCS is a Premier Microchip Partner, and since 1996, continues to provide quality development tools dedicated to PIC® MCUs. Take advantage of our Demo Download to evaluate the advantages of our powerful development tools for yourself. Download Demo