CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Move this board to a Wiki?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren Rook

Move this board to a Wiki?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:15 am     Reply with quote

Ok, anyone have ideas, suggestions and thoughts about moving the Code Library into a Wiki?

It should cut down on people posting in the wrong forum, and may be easier to navigate for help and code.

Your thoughts?
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:18 pm     Reply with quote

What would it look like ? Do you have a link to an existing wiki library ?
bfemmel

Use of Wiki
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:33 pm     Reply with quote

How would you prevent users from modifying pages that were not there own? Usually everyone can modify every page.
AK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:39 am     Reply with quote

Is there any way for someone to delete the improper entries on this current forum?
treitmey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:08 am     Reply with quote

I was one of the people that suggested this board.
I have no objection.
Is there a sample wiki we could test drive? Or does it involve alot of setup?
I went to the wiki sandbox and played a little. Can it be set to do code highlighting?
JBM

Wiki? Yes please!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:10 pm     Reply with quote

A wiki would be a brilliant idea - might help stimulate some cooperation even. A lot of these posts (mine included) read something like "I got bored one day, and wrote this" - fair enough, but a code 'wish list' or somesuch could potentially be a lot more useful, especially for new parts whose driver base is unstable (ENC28J60, anyone?)

But yes, definitely-efinitely-efinitely for the wiki. This would be (almost) a dream come true. Not quite. I have higher aspirations too.
-JBM
StealthMicro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:07 am     Reply with quote

I actually set up a joomla powered website for this exact purpose and posted the information in the General CCS C Discussion forum and my post was deleted. I have since sent an email to CCS support with the site I was proposing and even offered to host it for free since I have a lot of bandwidth and hard drive space to spare. Lets hope somewhere it gets approved. I think that MCUspace.com may have been an attempt but does not serve the purpose very well. The site I proposed would be strictly a CCS site for us ccsgeeks to use to post our stuff too. Takes care of the wiki issue where people can edit other peoples stuff, allows for moderation for things to be deleted etc that do not actually belong etc. So with any luck we will have that resource available soon. The best part is I already set the site up so as soon as someone says it is cool to post here we can start using it immediately.
mskala

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:25 am     Reply with quote

StealthMicro,
As someone who admitted to only buying the compiler very shortly before your deleted post, and your other comments about using mainly pic basic, now you call yourself a 'ccsgeek'?

I would much rather have ccs control these forums than others. And advertising on a forum to try to move everyone over to your forum (or wiki) is just daft.
StealthMicro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:49 am     Reply with quote

mskala wrote:
I would much rather have ccs control these forums than others. And advertising on a forum to try to move everyone over to your forum (or wiki) is just daft.

First of all its not a forum. Its a website that I am more then willing to give up control to. Its just a website for users to post their information. I am not calling myself a CCS GURU by any means. I am new to CCS and as such would love to have a resource to go to for code snippets etc. CCS Geeks is the name of the website. I offer up full control to others whom CCS deams appropriate.

The site would be for articles relating to CCS only. It would NOT be a forum where people communicate with each other like there is here already. Strictly a place for people to post articles. A place where code snippets etc can be formatted nicely with files associated to the article for download etc.

Like I said I am not looking to duplicate any work that CCS has done so far. I am just offering a resource for newbies like myself to gain valuable resources from.

The site would not advertise anything, would not link directly to me, heck I would be happy to not even be mentioned as long as I could use the resources that would come from it.

So if I am guilty of being DAFT for trying to help others then so be it.

At least I am trying to help with what I can. It just happened to be a content management website.
StealthMicro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:28 am     Reply with quote

The guys at CCS have given www.ccsgeeks.com their blessing. It is already linked on the www.mcuspace.com website as well. So it is there if you want to use it. I put a couple of articles from this forum over there to get things started and gave the original authors credit for the article.

You can create a nicely formatted article.
You can upload any project files associated with the articles.
You can add links to other websites you feel are relevant to your article.

The site is open for your use. If you want to contribute time to the website please let me know. I would be happy to talk with you and upgrade your user status on the site for which ever role you wish to perform.

The site has great possibilities and would be an invaluable resource to everyone who uses any of the CCS compilers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> Code Library All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: