CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

J series sensitivity to wiring errors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie U

J series sensitivity to wiring errors
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:34 am     Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone has some experience with the J series parts that might give me a clue to their sensitivity to wiring errors. I am using a J series part for the first time. The part is a PIC18F66J11. The target board is adapted from an existing design and I am attempting to "adapt" the processor via a small pcb. The ICSP interface is just wired directly onto the board. On my first attempt, I wired the interface in mirror image. I tried the ICD and it did not recognize the target. Realizing the error of my ways, I rewired the interface. The ICD still won't recognize the target. I have run through the diagnostics and everything appears fine. I have clicked the button for J series parts. I have also connected the ICD to a different board with a non-J series processor running at 5V and it works.

The bottom line is do you think that the part could be damaged from the mirror imaged interface?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Charlie
Charlie U

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:00 pm     Reply with quote

To follow up:

The original board had a reset chip on it that was removed. There was a solder bridge on the pads that connected the MCLR pin directly to Vdd. After removing the bridge, the processor is now recognized by the IDC.

No more excuses . . . time to write some code.

edit:

To answer my original question, it appears that the processor is robust enough to handle the mis-wiring of the ICD interface.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: