CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

MACHX Connection error on XP and Vista

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pberhin

MACHX Connection error on XP and Vista
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:05 am     Reply with quote

Hi

I have 2 different MachX programmer who are working fine on my old w2000 machine. (English version SP3)
When I try to connect the Machx on my XP PC (professional SP2 French version), I get the message Could not connect. Could not open the USB Port. Invalid handle. The Device driver seems to be installed correctly. I've installed the latest version but it doesn't work.
ICD connection is OK.

I tried on another (Vista familial premium SP1 french version) and I get the same problem.
As I want to scrap my old W2000 box, I would like to solve this current issue. Any ideas to solve this issue will be more than welcome.

Details of the installed drivers
c:\windows\system32\drivers\ftibus.sys
c:\windows\system32\ftdiun2k.ini
c:\windows\system32\ftdiunin.exe

I tried to reinstall the old drivers, i always get the same results.
The MACHX CCS appears in the Start Connection Windows everytime I start the Machx program but could not connect.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:52 am     Reply with quote

I've just started getting this as well with the MachX
It's been working quite happily for several months along with a ICD-U40 on the same pc.
But since last week the Mach-x is coming up with the same error.
I reinstalled drivers and different firmware but nothing seemed to help.
The unit still worked on another XP pc.
The today i had to do a reinstall of windows (watch out for XP SP3 !) and the Mach-X worked afterwards until i mistakenly selected the ICD once and from then on it's stopped working again.

I have a feeling it may be a conflict between the Mach-x software and the ICD software.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:28 am     Reply with quote

I've just tracked this problem down to a conflict between the CCS programmer software and a USB dongle for some pcb software.
The CCS software won't run if the dongle is plugged in.
I presume it's because they both use the same USB-Serial chip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: