CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Sony infrared controller emulator

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsk

Sony infrared controller emulator
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:16 pm     Reply with quote

Hello there. I've seen many great examples of infrared controllers and programming needed, for CCS, in this forum. I've learned a lot from it, specially from the one related to Sony codes.

I have a special problem, though (I think).

I need to emulate a PS2 IR controller, and I have no idea how to create it.

I have the codes listing, here:

www.hifi-remote.com/sony/Sony_ps2.htm

But I can't for the life of me understand how to use those codes to send the commands... I don't know what 26.218 and 26.73 means, and how to send those 21 (power), 85 (right), etc. commands.

What hardware should I use, also? I'd like to use a pic using internal oscillator, and no external crystal, is it possible for this kind of project? Could I then use PWM? How would I do it?

Thanks for any answer, I'm really lost here...
ckielstra

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:21 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't know what 26.218 and 26.73 means
The first number is the 'address code' of the device you want to send a command to. The second number is the actual command code. Every device type has a unique address code, for example televisions always have an address 1, VCR's an address 2, etc. The commands possible for each device type are different and you will have to look up the code in the mentioned list.

For example, the code to increase the volume on a TV can be deducted as follows: The website you provided a link to gives the address for a television as '1'. The code for 'Volume Up' on a tv is '18'. Resulting code = 1.18
TV Volume Down = 1.17
TV Channel Up = 1.16
VCR Channel Up = 2.16
etc.

This was for the 12-bit codes, but with more devices being developed Sony discovered they were running out of address codes. So besides the Sony12 code they introduced the Sony15 and Sony20 codes, these are an extension to the Sony12 code where a sub-device code was added. For example your PS2 controller has address 26.218. to send the 'Up' command (84) the code looks like 26.218.84.

The Sony format is very well described on the internet. It really helps if you use Google and do some basic reading before you continue on this project. I never used Sony before, but the above information was found and learned within 2 minutes.
dsk

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:13 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help, ckielstra.

I'm going to go deeper on this, read a bit more.

Once again, thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: