CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Suddenly the ICD-U40 can't detect dsPIC30F6012A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwhiten

Suddenly the ICD-U40 can't detect dsPIC30F6012A
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:40 pm     Reply with quote

I have been working with getting the internal oscillator, FRC, running with the PLL and since the compiler isn't working correctly I have been writing to the OSCCON and FOSC registers. I had this partially working when the ICD-U40 will no longer detect the device. The micro is still running the code, albeit very slowly, and the ICD-U40 will still detect other micros on other boards. Is there any way to "manually" wipe the program in the device without the programmer? If not, is there any other way to clear the program memory?
Guest_7068

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:55 pm     Reply with quote

I have observed this on dsPIC where the PLL gets enabled and the chip seems to lock up and the ICD can no longer detect the chip. Try to click on target detect in the ICD control panel, immediately after power-up. After detecting the chip (if you are lucky), then you can go to the advanced menu in the ICD.exe program and erase the chip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: