CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Mach X Firmware Upgrade / USB connection problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Mach X Firmware Upgrade / USB connection problem
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:24 pm     Reply with quote

My Mach X firmware won't upgrade. It's now saying version 0.24, which is very old (not sure if it was ever higher than that, but I suspect it was, the unit is 6 months old).

With unplugging and plugging in the Mach X usb connection, it seems the drivers got confused. It complained when it was connected that it wanted FTDI drivers, which I got direct from FTDI (newer than those from CCS). However, that did not work (would not connect).

(Somewhere along the way with connecting and disconnecting the Mach X and the target, and reloading drivers, a connected target chip got REALLY hot, and at various times plugging and unplugging the unit also killed my USB keyboard and mouse, though sometimes they come back by disconnecting them, waiting about 10 seconds and plugging them back in - don't know if any of that is significant.)

I removed all the USB drivers by hand from the windows directories, and reinstalled the CCS drivers. The Mach X plugs in OK now and shows up in the device manager. When I use debug from the PCW IDE, it shows the ICD F/Wversion under the 'Debug Configure' tab as 0.24. When I try to upgrade it, it gives an error message that firmware is too old (or similar), and then shows 'no communication'. When restarting the debug, it gives a 'could not detect target' when there is no target chip there (good) but when a chip is connected is says 'ICD unit has an old version of firmware. Use 'Configure Hardware' ... to update', but of course that isn't working.

Does anyone know how to get out of this jail.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:44 pm     Reply with quote

Forget about the IDE for a second. When you install/installed the MachX software, and I am assuming you can install it. Run the Diagnostic tool within the MachX software. Check to see if you can communicate etc. If you can, you can also upgrade the firmware there...

Can you do any of the above?

~Kam (^8*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:23 am     Reply with quote

Got the same story,
Tried with the MachX software, when loading, it says the firmware needs to be upgraded, try to upgrade, can only upgrade using ICD firmware, the rest don't work. Unit stays broken.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: