CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

ICDU-40 No PROGRAM PIC12F629

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Picmouse

ICDU-40 No PROGRAM PIC12F629
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:21 am     Reply with quote

Yo trabajo con el ICDU-40, estoy intentando trabajar con el PIC12F629. Estoy usando el Oscilador interno y no habilito MCLR. Todo es interno.

Sucede que cuando el PIC es nuevo, lo programa perfecto. Pero después de la primera vez que lo programa ya no lo hace mas.... El ICDU-40 se bloquea y CCS no detecta al PIC.

Como se puede hacer para programarlo nuevamente? Si compro otro PIC y lo intento programar.. PERFECTO!!! pero después de hacerlo la primera vez, ya no lo hace mas.

------------------------------------

I work with the ICDU-40, I am trying to work with the PIC12F629. I am using the internal Oscillator and I don't enable MCLR. Everything is internal.

It happens that when the PIC is new, it programs it perfect. But after the first time that programs it he no longer makes it but.... The ICDU-40 is blocked and CCS doesn't detect the PIC.

As you he can make to program it again? If I buy another PIC and I try to program it.. PERFECT!!! but after making it the first time, he/she no longer makes it but.

Sad
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:22 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:

I am using the internal Oscillator and I don't enable MCLR.
Everything is internal.

See the MPLAB help file for the ICD2:

ICDWarn0033:
You have selected Internal MCLR and Internal Oscillator in your
configuration settings. If your code makes use of port pins that
correspond to Clock and Data pins in programming mode, you may not
be able to reprogram your device. See on-line help for this warning for
more information. (OK/Cancel)

When Internal MCLR is used with MPLAB ICD 2 for programming, both
Vpp and Vdd are powered together, and then Vpp is pulled high to Vihh
to enter programming mode. This means that your code will be running
before Vpp goes to Vihh. If that code makes use of port pins that
correspond to Clock and Data pins in programming mode, there is a
chance their values may not be 0, as necessary to enter programming
mode. Therefore, the device could not be reprogrammed.

Click OK to continue programming or click Cancel to cancel the
programming operation.

Work-Around:
When External MCLR is used, this is not a problem, as Vpp can go directly to Vihh. Also, if External Oscillator is used, the external oscillator can be kept from running, thus keeping the code from running, until Vpp is at Vihh.
Picmouse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:32 am     Reply with quote

Entonces no hay forma de programar con el ICD un PIC con oscilador interno y MCLR interno. Crying or Very sad A mi parecer debería informarse sobre este problema a los compradores del ICDU-40... El ICDU debería tener control de VDD, igual hay un pin en el RJ12 que es 5V que sale del programador. No veo por que no colocar un transistor mas para controlarlo.

Publicidad que miente a los clientes. No pueden decir que programa al 12F si en ninguna parte dice que solo sirve para cuando se usa MCLR externo.

De todas maneras muchas gracias por aclarar que el problema era del ICDU.

---------------------------------------------------------

Then there is not form of programming with the ICD a PIC with internal oscillator and internal MCLR. : cry: TO my view it should be informed on this problem to the buyers of the ICDU-40... The ICDU should have control of VDD, equal there is a pin in the RJ12 that is 5V that it leaves the programmer. I don't see for that not to place a transistor but to control it.

Publicity that lies to the clients. They cannot say that it programs at the 12F if in any part says that alone it serves for when external MCLR is used.

Anyway thank you to clarify that the problem was of the ICDU
frequentguest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:32 pm     Reply with quote

If I understand correctly, this is an issue with the PIC, not the programmer. PCM said that he used a Microchip ICD2, not an ICD-U40 and this warning was generated in MPLAB.

Your device was, in fact, programmed. The limitation is that of the PIC device, not the programmer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: