CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Enable Debug Causes ICDU Failure pcwh 4.039 & icdu 2.77

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foodwatch

Enable Debug Causes ICDU Failure pcwh 4.039 & icdu 2.77
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:40 am     Reply with quote

There is some kind of major compatibility with the latest version of pcwh (4.039) together with the usb icdu version (2.77). When I attempt to enable debugger, it appears to kill something in the icdu software (telling me it cant find icdu on usb and asking if I want to connect via serial port). If I choose yes or no, it crashes and I end up having to re-run setupicd.exe to get the icdu back. PCWH and ICD each function ok after reloading setupicd.exe, but as soon as "enable debug" is selected in PCWH, the same failure and apparent file corruption occur. Prior to the upgrade the hardware was working. I can't be the only one seeing this (I hope). Help???
Jim Ashby, TX, USA, Texas

Do not feel alone with this exact error
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:07 am     Reply with quote

I have been fighting this since Friday about 6:00 pm.

I can reboot my system and the first time I open the debugger it works, but never again, till I reboot.

Help!
foodwatch2003

Problem with ICDU Code
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:29 pm     Reply with quote

Spoke to CCS this morning. It turns out that the latest version of ICDU software was not updated with latest version of pcwh. Try removing icdu software and reloading pcwh and run icdu functions through pcwh until they can update the icdu files.. This worked for me
horkesley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:34 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

I am surprised CCS have not commented on the problems with 4.039 there is clearly a problem.

I constanlty get the message no response from target, I believe the problem lies with the USB connection.

I use the ICD_U40, but get much more reliable operation from an old ICD1, RS232.

It appears form this forum that others are having similar problems, has any a cure?

My project is currently on hold until this is resolved.

Is There A History Of Debugger Problems?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:51 pm     Reply with quote

Hello To All:

Just after 2:00 this morning I finally looked at the Forum to see if others had had their software hang or crash when attempting to use the Debugger in 4.039. My software on my desktop at the office stopped recognizing my Mach-X about mid-morning yesterday. I re-installed all of my CCS software and the IDE was then able to recognize the Mach-X again. Needless to say I did not return to the Debugger.

Being the "slow-learner" that I am, err..., hoping that the problem was with my desktop computer, I took my laptop home and, around 9:00 p.m., tried the Debugger and the Mach-X again. Same result. At 2:00 I looked at the Forum and saw that I am not the only one having USB-Debugger problems.

I now have things working on my laptop again. But it's "hands off the Debugger!" Let's hope they get things fixed soon. I, too, have projects "on hold."

Bill
Jim Ashby, TX, USA, Texas

ICD-U40 and 4.0XX
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:23 pm     Reply with quote

Well CCS has issued two updates since I first posted a problem on this forum, and ALL of my projects are on hold, costing me thousands of labor dollars.

I just downloaded the 4.041 update hoping that they have cured the issue, but it still failes.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

I can no longer wait for CCS, this is a bankruptcy issue for me.

I posted my first responce to this issue and call CCS twice (got voicemail, and I left messages with complete details and contact information) on the 29th of May.

It is now June 9th (11 days awaiting), and NO resolutions to this MAJOR issue.

Where is CCS?

Why do they NOT return voicemails?

MPLAB looks better and better to me!

Long time user, and I may be jumping ship soon!!!

Jim Ashby
IDE Solutions, Inc.
The Great State of Texas, USA.
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:04 pm     Reply with quote

Buy a Microchip ICD2 and use the CCS compiler with MPLAB vs. 7.41.
Do debugging with the ICD2 under MPLAB.
See this thread on development tools (software and hardware):
http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26954
CCS

Bug Reports
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:27 am     Reply with quote

CCS Technical Support does not monitor this forum on a regular basis. Please do not post bug reports on this forum. All bug reports should be emailed to support@ccsinfo.com. Thank you.
horkesley

CCS
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:58 pm     Reply with quote

CCS, perhaps you should monitor this forum and comment on the problems with 4.040 USB etc.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: