CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Problem using CCS Debugger with multiple modules.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drawbars

Problem using CCS Debugger with multiple modules.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:53 pm     Reply with quote

I am in the process of writing and debugging a rather large program. It has one master module --

master.c

and a number of modules that are included in this file, early in the syntax of master.c --

/* master.c -- a really long program */

int this;
int16 that;
int the_other;

#INCLUDE eeprom.c
#INCLUDE display.c
#INCLUDE somethingelse.c

The program compiles successfully, and loads into the CCS Debugger. If I press F7, the program jumps to the main() routine, just as it should.

If I continue pressing F7, it continues to step down the code -- until I reach init_disp(), which is the first function that is not physically in master.c; it is in display.c -- which was included in At that point, the text pointer jumps to the top line of master.c. I can't see any more details in the Debugger. Sad

Also, I can set a breakpoint for a line anywhere in master.c, and the Debugger will execute to that point in the code. However, if I try to set the breakpoint to a line in one of the included modules (ex: the first called function in display.c), I get the following error:

Error adding breakpoint: The file display.c does not
belong to the debugging session. Mad

I am using CCSWH v3.249, which is the latest version. The MCU is the PIC18F6527.

Anybody seen this before? What am I doing wrong? Confused

Regards,

-BW

Bruce Wahler
Design Consultant
Ashby Solutions™
bruce@ashbysolutions.com
jimcashby3

Does not belong to debugger session error
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:53 am     Reply with quote

I have just got off of the phone with tech support and the problem is caused by a bad pcw.ini file setting.

The quickest resolution was to reinstall the IDE into a new directory and move all of the project files over to the new directory (if you work with your files in the same directory).

This fixed my problems.

Good Day to all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: