CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Programming 18F2455 issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jspencer

Programming 18F2455 issue
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:36 pm     Reply with quote

This is just a notice to those who are using this chip. If you plan on using a programmer that applies > 12.5V on the MCLR pin, you will need to add a voltage divider to your circuit/programming fixture as the 18F2455 is not rated to handle voltages higher then 12.5V on the MCLR pin. I found this out after ruining three of them during programming.

James
Vroop1

PIC18F2455
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:21 pm     Reply with quote

I am using the same chip, and I'm ready to start programming with ICD-U40. Needless to say, your post concerns me. Are you sure about the 12.5V limit at the MCLR pin? I just checked the PIC datasheet, and it states that the max voltage is 13.25V. Is the datasheet incorrect?
jspencer

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:56 pm     Reply with quote

I haven't had any trouble with the ICD-U40, but I did have trouble with the QuickWriter Programmer. I actually called TechTools and they are the ones that told me that the 18F2455 was only capable of handling 12.5V. Check out page 38 of this document: http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/39622F.pdf

It says that the max is 12.5V

jspencer
Vroop1

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:07 am     Reply with quote

So the ICD-U40 didn't ruin your PIC. That is comforting to know. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: