CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Simple electronic compass

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerrit

Simple electronic compass
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:24 pm     Reply with quote

Hello all,

I'm looking for a simple design of een electronic compass.

I need aproxamatly 15° resolution

Does any one have a schematic and a simple piece of source code?

Reagrds,

Gerrit

Re: Simple electronic compass
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:45 pm     Reply with quote

Gerrit,
Try this electronic compass. Easy to interface to the PIC.

<a href="http://www.dinsmoresensors.com/" TARGET="_blank">http://www.dinsmoresensors.com/</a>

Dave

:=Hello all,
:=
:=I'm looking for a simple design of een electronic compass.
:=I need aproxamatly 15° resolution
:=Does any one have a schematic and a simple piece of source code?
:=Reagrds,
:=Gerrit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:38 am     Reply with quote

:=Hello all,
:=I'm looking for a simple design of een electronic compass.
:=I need aproxamatly 15° resolution
:=Does any one have a schematic and a simple piece of source code?
:=Reagrds,
:=Gerrit
I have a design I did some time ago, based on the '1655' analogue compass sensor (this has a tiny magnetic compass needle, used as a 'magnetic amplifier', to give a much larger signal change, than is seen from 'fluxgate' compasses), using a 16C71, to drive a digital pot, giving 0-99, round the circle. The circuit was designed to allow this to directly drive the Lego 'mindstorms' robotic system. The code is in CCS C. The circuit is fairly simple (but does contain all the extra 'interface' hardware, to connect the unit to the mindstorms system. I use the watchdog, to allow the chip to sleep for a large amount of the time, switching off the compass itself at the same time, to minimise power consumption.
I could send you the circuits, and the code 'direct', if you give me an email address.

Best Wishes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:52 am     Reply with quote

Hello Hamlett,

I would be very interested in a simple design.
And sample (source) code in CCS C.

My e-mail address is gerrit@rc-engineering.nl.

Thank you al ready for your help.

Regards,

Gerrit Faas

:=:=Hello all,
:=:=
:=:=I'm looking for a simple design of een electronic compass.
:=:=I need aproxamatly 15° resolution
:=:=Does any one have a schematic and a simple piece of source code?
:=:=Reagrds,
:=:=Gerrit
:=I have a design I did some time ago, based on the '1655' analogue compass sensor (this has a tiny magnetic compass needle, used as a 'magnetic amplifier', to give a much larger signal change, than is seen from 'fluxgate' compasses), using a 16C71, to drive a digital pot, giving 0-99, round the circle. The circuit was designed to allow this to directly drive the Lego 'mindstorms' robotic system. The code is in CCS C. The circuit is fairly simple (but does contain all the extra 'interface' hardware, to connect the unit to the mindstorms system. I use the watchdog, to allow the chip to sleep for a large amount of the time, switching off the compass itself at the same time, to minimise power consumption.
:=I could send you the circuits, and the code 'direct', if you give me an email address.
:=Best Wishes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:06 am     Reply with quote

:=Hello Hamlett,
:=I would be very interested in a simple design.
:=And sample (source) code in CCS C.
:=My e-mail address is gerrit@rc-engineering.nl.
:=Thank you al ready for your help.
:=Regards,
:=Gerrit Faas
OK it is on it's way...

Best Wishes

:=:=:=Hello all,
:=:=:=
:=:=:=I'm looking for a simple design of een electronic compass.
:=:=:=I need aproxamatly 15° resolution
:=:=:=Does any one have a schematic and a simple piece of source code?
:=:=:=Reagrds,
:=:=:=Gerrit
:=:=I have a design I did some time ago, based on the '1655' analogue compass sensor (this has a tiny magnetic compass needle, used as a 'magnetic amplifier', to give a much larger signal change, than is seen from 'fluxgate' compasses), using a 16C71, to drive a digital pot, giving 0-99, round the circle. The circuit was designed to allow this to directly drive the Lego 'mindstorms' robotic system. The code is in CCS C. The circuit is fairly simple (but does contain all the extra 'interface' hardware, to connect the unit to the mindstorms system. I use the watchdog, to allow the chip to sleep for a large amount of the time, switching off the compass itself at the same time, to minimise power consumption.
:=:=I could send you the circuits, and the code 'direct', if you give me an email address.
:=:=Best Wishes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:30 pm     Reply with quote

Dear R. J.

I am very interested in your 1655 design (curently using Honeywell's HMR3300 and Vector 2X), please give me a kick to start it again,

My e-mail: mechwu@saturn.yzu.edu.tw

Thanks a lot,

Chang-Huei Wu

:=I have a design I did some time ago, based on the '1655' analogue compass sensor (this has a tiny magnetic compass needle, used as a 'magnetic amplifier', to give a much larger signal change, than is seen from 'fluxgate' compasses), using a 16C71, to drive a digital pot, giving 0-99, round the circle. The circuit was designed to allow this to directly drive the Lego 'mindstorms' robotic system. The code is in CCS C. The circuit is fairly simple (but does contain all the extra 'interface' hardware, to connect the unit to the mindstorms system. I use the watchdog, to allow the chip to sleep for a large amount of the time, switching off the compass itself at the same time, to minimise power consumption.
:=I could send you the circuits, and the code 'direct', if you give me an email address.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:32 pm     Reply with quote

Dear R. J.
I am very interested in your 1655 design (curently using Honeywell's HMR3300 and Vector 2X), please give me a kick to start it again,

My e-mail: mechwu@saturn.yzu.edu.tw

Thanks a lot,

Chang-Huei Wu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:21 pm     Reply with quote

Hello Hamlett,

I would also like to have your design and the source code. Could you please email them to me at kamarul@um.edu.my.

Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:59 am     Reply with quote

:=Dear R. J.
:=I am very interested in your 1655 design (curently using Honeywell's HMR3300 and Vector 2X), please give me a kick to start it again,
:=My e-mail: mechwu@saturn.yzu.edu.tw
:=Thanks a lot,
:=Chang-Huei Wu
OK. Have forwarded the design to you.

Best Wishes

:=:=I have a design I did some time ago, based on the '1655' analogue compass sensor (this has a tiny magnetic compass needle, used as a 'magnetic amplifier', to give a much larger signal change, than is seen from 'fluxgate' compasses), using a 16C71, to drive a digital pot, giving 0-99, round the circle. The circuit was designed to allow this to directly drive the Lego 'mindstorms' robotic system. The code is in CCS C. The circuit is fairly simple (but does contain all the extra 'interface' hardware, to connect the unit to the mindstorms system. I use the watchdog, to allow the chip to sleep for a large amount of the time, switching off the compass itself at the same time, to minimise power consumption.
:=:=I could send you the circuits, and the code 'direct', if you give me an email address.
:=:=Best Wishes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:07 am     Reply with quote

:=Hello Hamlett,
:=I would also like to have your design and the source code. Could you please email them to me at kamarul@um.edu.my.
:=Thank you in advance.
Ok. On it's way to you as well.

I notice Mr Chang-Huei Wu, has sent me a 'private' post. These never seem to work (have a look back for comments about this 'feature' of the board...). He should have my direct email now, so if you want to talk privately, 'drop me a mail'. :-)

Best Wishes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:33 am     Reply with quote

:=I notice Mr Chang-Huei Wu, has sent me a 'private' post. These never seem to work (have a look back for comments about this 'feature' of the board...). He should have my direct email now, so if you want to talk privately, 'drop me a mail'. :-)

Got it!

Thanks a lot

Chang-Huei Wu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: