CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

LCD shift problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RF

LCD shift problem
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 7:23 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm using a 2x16 LCD display. I'm trying to display two text messages (strings) - one on the top line and another one on the bottom line. I would like to shift the top message to the right, and shift the bottom message to the left. I’ve now got these 2 requirements working.

However, is it possible for both messages to shift at the same time (ie. top shift to the right and bottom shift to the left at the same time)? If so, how can the functions in lcd.c (from CCS library) be utilized?

I welcome all suggestions.

RF

Re: LCD shift problem
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 7:43 am     Reply with quote

I don't know your LCD type but usually the multiline LCDs have a 64-byte buffer for each line. This is the reason why you must to set the display address to 64 to access the 2nd line.
The physical LCD panel could be imagined as a 16X2 size window on the 64X2 storage. So all in all usually you could not implement differential shift directions.

:=Hi,
:=
:=I'm using a 2x16 LCD display. I'm trying to display two text messages (strings) - one on the top line and another one on the bottom line. I would like to shift the top message to the right, and shift the bottom message to the left. I’ve now got these 2 requirements working.
:=However, is it possible for both messages to shift at the same time (ie. top shift to the right and bottom shift to the left at the same time)? If so, how can the functions in lcd.c (from CCS library) be utilized?
:=I welcome all suggestions.
:=RF

Re: LCD shift problem
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:33 am     Reply with quote

Sorry, the LCD type is 16x2 (not 2x16). Yes, each line has 64 bytes of buffer. Location (1,1) at address $00 and location (1,2) at address $40.

Yes, I think you are right, you could not implement shift left and right at the same time to both lines. Instead, I'll shift right the top message then shift left the bottom message.

Thanks for your comments.
RF

:=I don't know your LCD type but usually the multiline LCDs have a 64-byte buffer for each line. This is the reason why you must to set the display address to 64 to access the 2nd line.
:=The physical LCD panel could be imagined as a 16X2 size window on the 64X2 storage. So all in all usually you could not implement differential shift directions.
:=:=Hi,
:=:=
:=:=I'm using a 2x16 LCD display. I'm trying to display two text messages (strings) - one on the top line and another one on the bottom line. I would like to shift the top message to the right, and shift the bottom message to the left. I’ve now got these 2 requirements working.
:=:=However, is it possible for both messages to shift at the same time (ie. top shift to the right and bottom shift to the left at the same time)? If so, how can the functions in lcd.c (from CCS library) be utilized?
:=:=I welcome all suggestions.
:=:=RF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: