CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

ICD-S20 and ICD-U40 Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cxiong

ICD-S20 and ICD-U40 Error
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:03 am     Reply with quote

I posted this in the wrong forum, So I import it to here.
I still got no answer to these questions.

Please help me out.

I just bought 3 new ICD_U40 to use as programmer in production. I need these answer ASAP.

Thanks.

http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21170&highlight

I have tried with 2 different PIC18 and it does not work.
(PIC18F6620 and PIC18F458). I just got a new ICD-U40 and it does the samething.

Here is the error, this error is from pic18f6620 processor.

rrfss

I hope that helps.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:30 am     Reply with quote

Have you read the ICD troubleshooting guide at:
http://www.ccsinfo.com/faq/?51

- Did you upgrade the ICD-U Software and ICD-U Drivers for Windows at:
http://www.ccsinfo.com/download.shtml#ICDS

If You do it now please notice that you might need reselect the ICD-U port again because it might be defaulted to CON-port again and complain about wrong firmware.

On the new ICD-U software press updgrade ICD firmware button and wait.

- Did you noticed that compared to many other programmers you might need extra Resistor between MCLR and +5V. I solved that HW configuration problem by soldering 47 Kohm SMD resistor between the two copper stripes of the small chip of bareboard and routing the two wires trough that chip of bboard. Forementioned is explained more troughly at:
http://www.ccsinfo.com/faq/?45
cxiong

ICD-U40 Fuse
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:07 am     Reply with quote

I have problem with the ICD-U40 stand alone software. The Fuses setting under ICD Advanced window, under Configuration tab(see below) are not
right. They suppose to be: XT, WDT, PUT, NOLVP,NOBROWNOUT,NOCPD.
I can not reset these fuses. When I program the board, the board will not work. I use the Hi-Tech compiler to write source code, it work fine with
Microchip ICD2, the reason I want to use the ICD-U40 is because it came with a stand alone software that just write the HEX or COF files into the processor. It is good for production personnel to use on ICSP on board program connector. Microchip ICD2 will required to have all codes(files,
linkers, MPLAB etc.) so the board house will see all confidential source codes. We do not want anybody else to see the code, it is confidential to the company.

Is there anybody have information how to reset those fuses on ICD-U40?

Or any other stand alone programmer that will work with PIC18LF6620 and PIC16LF876A?

Thanks for your help...
micro_joe

Fuses and the ICD-U40
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:28 pm     Reply with quote

I have a simlar problem and originally started a new thread but I think it'll be better if I add it to this thread.
Here's a repeat of my original posting:

I have a design that uses the PIC18F6621.
When I program it using the ICD-40 through the ICD software or the PCW IDE I get the Verification Results window giving me Configuration Fuses errors.
eg Actual= BORV20 Expected = BORV45
Actual = NOPUT Expected = PUT
If I change other fuses I can get errors with those too. I haven't tested all of them.
I have 3 prototypes and have one that works with no problems and two that give this problem.
The code programs ( I have not run it yet) ie I don't get any errors.
I can't work out what is wrong.

If it works with one the software must be OK so it must be the hardware but if this is the case why does it work on any of them.
I don't know enough about the mechanism for blowing fuses to start to debug the problem.

Anyone have any ideas?
I've searched the forum but can't find a thread covering this. I guess it something I've done all there would be loads of threads.

Thanks
WindScream

Actual x Expected Fuses
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:58 am     Reply with quote

Hail!

I had exactly the same problem using the PIC18f6585. The only way I found out to solve the problem (reset the bits) was using the ICD-U interface sw option: Advanced -> Write Device -> One Word. Then I got the fuc.... bits cleared!!!

Best Regards!
micro_joe

Fuses and the ICD-U40
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:22 am     Reply with quote

Hi those with problems programming fuse on some 18F's,

See thread
http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21303.
I had problems and this gave a work around.
I haven't used the ccs system for a few moths after succesfully finshing a project so there may updated software.

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: