CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

ICDU-40 with large chunk of code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Helinski

ICDU-40 with large chunk of code
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:46 am     Reply with quote

Does anyone have experience using the ICD-U with projects having large programs?

We currently are using a PIC18LF6620 with ver 3.212 of the compiler and have coded up more than 43K of program.

The ICD-U will download the code to the project just fine, I can step through the code fine and I can set break points and run to the breakpoint fine.

If I tell the program to go without a breakpoint then stop it, the ICD-U comes back with:
"Could not run program: No response from ICD Data in buffer: 08 08 00 08 00 08 00 08 00 ......"

Any insight would be appreciated.
Tony Helinski

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:53 pm     Reply with quote

Embarassed Turns out it wasn't the large chunk of code that was causing the problem but the configuration option in the debugger called "Userstream enabled". The default is to be enabled. When enabled the pin B3 is used for the monitor port. I've never used the monitor port and have never had any problem with the "Userstream enabled" option before either. But for some reason the product I am working on had a problem with this option. I've since disabled the option and the debugger works fine even with over 43K of program. BTW - The ICD Diagonstics document does mention something about this feature in Note 6 on page 2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: