CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

ICD-U appears to stopwrking when U upgrade to PCWHv3.212

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Macfarlane

ICD-U appears to stopwrking when U upgrade to PCWHv3.212
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:08 am     Reply with quote

When I upgraded PCWH from v3.211 to 3.212, my previously working ICD-U stopped working, and gave me a "wrong firmware loaded" error, which turned out to be a bit of a read herring. Just to save you wasting your time (& tech. supports at CCS), the ICD config gets reset to ICD-S as a result of the upgrade process.

i.e. Although I had previously configured the IDE to use the ICD-USB, it reverted to the serial version when I upgraded it to v3.212. So I should have read between the lines of the error msg - when it says "wrong firmware loaded" it really means that it has tried to talk to the ICD-S, received no reply, and so that it thinks that the ICD-S must have old firmware loaded.

If it has tried to establish serial comms and failed, it should really just say so.

Of course, it may be difficult for pcwh.exe to tell the difference between the USB & the serial devices, given that the USB is accessed via FTDI's virtual serial port drivers (VCP)...?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: