CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

RTOS like freertos or picos18

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davng

RTOS like freertos or picos18
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:17 am     Reply with quote

Hi, somebody can port some rtos like freertos (www.freertos.org) or picos18 (www.picos18.com) to use it with ccs pic compiler (PCH)?

Both rtos works/compile well with c18 (ANSI compatible) but with ccs (ANSI like implementation) they present some problems. Sad

thnx in advance

davng
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:56 pm     Reply with quote

CCS is testing their own RTOS and has put put a request for
beta testers. See this section on the following page:
Beta Test Opportunities
http://www.ccsinfo.com/news.shtml
valemike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:36 am     Reply with quote

I know some RTOSes, like the Salvo rtos for pic and ucOS-II for PIC require either recursion capability and/or pointers to functions. Compilers that do not support either/or cannot compile the RTOS.

Do you know if the beta RTOS from CCS uses PCWH or just PCW? I have PCWH here at work. (PCWH is a superset of PCW, right? If so, then I just answered my own question).

I'm assuming the RTOS will be geared for the 18F family, right?
Tom-H-PIC

CCS RTOS New Compiler????????????????????
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:50 am     Reply with quote

Well first let me say this I signed up to help test the new compiler and RTOS when it first hit the CCS web site news page or at least in the first or second month. That was on 02-11-2004 and I received the automated email reply all was normal so I forgot a bout it for two month and I sent another email and this is the reply I got back.

04-09-04
This message is a reply to CCS e-mail id: 4D4067

We have you on the beta test list. The RTOS has not yet passed all our in house testing so we have not sent it out for beta test yet. It should be ready for your testing sometime this month.

We will be sending out an e-mail when it is ready.

Well I know the people at CCS are busy, I see a lot of new development kits, programmers and compiler updates.
But I think that one of two things happened or both.
1. The sales people put that RTOS thing out there to see what response they would get.
2. With the first or second run of the RTOS and the new compiler fell on its face and the software engineers got pulled off the project to deal with existing product issues or the new dsPIC part of the existing compiler.

So at this time I think that the RTOS and the new compile is vapor ware.

But CCS needs to work on some other things also!
Back in Nov. of 2003 CCS did a big survey on how to improve the compiler and IDE.
I still have not seen any of that in the IDE or the compiler improvements.
Like for the IDE the include file window being able to display long paths in the window.
Make the print out so that the path if it is long will not print over top of its self.
Pointers to function!
Pointers to constants in ROM!

Don’t get me wrong I am vary pleased with the CCS PIC compiler I have the full set with IDE (PCWH) and a have a three year running maintenance also three of the ICDs.
Unless I get pressure from the top or the outside I will be staying with CCS and its products.

I also think that the CCS software engineers do a wonderful job on updates and bug fixes on the compiler and IDE.

This form needs to cut CCS software engineers some slack all of you guys are vary hard on these people!

It’s not like all of us produce perfect bug free code the first and every time on our projects!

Will that is my two cents on the whole thing!

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: