CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CAN BUS MESSAGES

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DROLLEMAN

CAN BUS MESSAGES
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:56 am     Reply with quote

I'm starting a new project that requires to connect to the GM 6.0L can bus. Has anyone got the message list or any other detail info on this?

Thx
iso9001

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:58 pm     Reply with quote

Yea... Good luck on that.

Those codes are not impossible to find... In fact, I found one for the J1850 bus today. But I highly doubt anyone will have the codes... and if they do I sort of doubt they'll just hand them over.

However, you're in luck using CAN. J1850 while older and more widespread has very few options for prototyping.

I'll keep checking back here, since this interests me.
Yashu

Re: CAN BUS MESSAGES
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:43 pm     Reply with quote

DROLLEMAN wrote:
I'm starting a new project that requires to connect to the GM 6.0L can bus. Has anyone got the message list or any other detail info on this?

Thx

ref SAE HS3000 -or- J1850/J1979
iso9001+

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:03 am     Reply with quote

Dont bother reading anything about J1850.

... Those references will give you the physical aspects, but for codes...

well, it depends on what you are looking for. Its its 1 particular code say like the rpm signal, I would unplug all the other moduals from the truck, and set your CAN interface to start picking up signals...

I'm not 100% sure about the CAN syntax, but it should be a start of frame pulse then the header or priority byte(s)... Start pulling only frames of X header, and narrow the work down like that...

Like I said before, I highly doubt anyone will give you codes... The ones I've pulled from J1850 took alot of work and I wouldn't be so fast just to hand them out,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: