CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Trying to compile 18F4620 but..... (very trying)

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Trying to compile 18F4620 but..... (very trying)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:23 am     Reply with quote

I cannot compile my application for the 18F4620 (moving from 18F4320 where it works fine). The problem I see first is that port D is not defined in the 18F4620.h include file nor is it defined in the "Device Editor" tool.

First has any body sucessfully compiled and programmed a 18F4620 with CCS products?

If so what changes did you make to the .h file and device editior to make it work?

What did you set the Programmer to in the device settings? (currently distributed is set to "none")

Are there other errors that I have not seen yet?

I need to get my stalled project moving. Can anyone help?

These errors were reported to CCS support 10 days ago with no responce as of this post.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:37 am     Reply with quote

Device Editor -> I/O Ports -> D 00000000 (CCS bug)

edit it -> D 11111111

then it will compile.

BTW, did you get any 4620 sample chip ? I am waiting for them

With the change the program will compile but ...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:36 am     Reply with quote

With the above change made in the device editor and adding the port D definition to the include file 18F4620.h my program will compile with out any errors.

BUT....

I can not find the right correct setting for the "ICD and "Programmer" in the "Tools" section of the device editor.

So even though the program compiles I cannot program the chip.

Yes, I have 3 samples. I picked them up at my local Microchip sales rep. last Friday. Be patient I believe that a significant number of chips were shipped out of Tiawan last week. Note they are still a few bugs in the chip that will have to be worked around.
Darren Rook

Re: With the change the program will compile but ...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:32 am     Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

I can not find the right correct setting for the "ICD and "Programmer" in the "Tools" section of the device editor.

You can play all you want with the "ICD" and "Programmer" settings in the Chip Editor, and it's not going to work. That's because support hasn't been added to the ICD firmware to program or debug this chip. I am told that they are working on adding ICD support, when it will be done is another question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: