CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

A bit off topic - Serial programmer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hillcraft

A bit off topic - Serial programmer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:43 am     Reply with quote

I exclusively use the ICD-USB for all my development work.

I would like to find a smallish reliable circuit, preferably serial that I can use as an in-circuit-programmer (It does not need to be a debugger). I would prefer not to use a circuit that abuses the serial port, but rather one that sends proper RS232 data to a PIC, which in turn programs the target PIC. This is not a bootloader, but a simple downloader that can handle a range of chips.

I am not looking for a commercial product, but rather public domain stuff or just simply ideas.

I have found software like IC-PROG which is certainly good, but I have been unable to find any hardware that will reliably work with XP.

Has anybody found or know of such hardware / software.

Any help will be appreciated

Re: A bit off topic - Serial programmer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:57 am     Reply with quote

hillcraft wrote:
I exclusively use the ICD-USB for all my development work.

I would like to find a smallish reliable circuit, preferably serial that I can use as an in-circuit-programmer (It does not need to be a debugger). I would prefer not to use a circuit that abuses the serial port, but rather one that sends proper RS232 data to a PIC, which in turn programs the target PIC. This is not a bootloader, but a simple downloader that can handle a range of chips.

I am not looking for a commercial product, but rather public domain stuff or just simply ideas.

I have found software like IC-PROG which is certainly good, but I have been unable to find any hardware that will reliably work with XP.

Has anybody found or know of such hardware / software.

Any help will be appreciated

Try visti this site...
http://www.kitsrus.com/upuc.html
and
http://www.voti.nl/wisp628/n_index.html

maybe this could help with your requirement for a serial PIC Programmer

I use the Kit149BC and Kit150 for my PIC development ... it really good to have this downloader....

enjoy...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: