CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Pic16f628 Vs 16f628A

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ringo42

Pic16f628 Vs 16f628A
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 3:43 pm     Reply with quote

Is there any difference in compiling code for an 'A' version of a chip, like the 16f628A or the 877A? I know the programming algorithms are different.
Ringo

Re: Pic16f628 Vs 16f628A
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 2:48 am     Reply with quote

Ringo42 wrote:
Is there any difference in compiling code for an 'A' version of a chip, like the 16f628A or the 877A? I know the programming algorithms are different.
Ringo

It depends on the chip. Many of the older 'A' versions, had no differences at all, except in terms of clock speeds. However many of the modern chips have 'A' variants, that differ in larger ways. Common alterations, are the programming algorithm (you have obviously spotted this one), but also on chips like the 877, the 'A', has the comparator module added, so the code has to have the extra code to disable this if it is not used, or the inputs end up behaving wrongly...
Really you have to treat them as seperate chips (in some cases the 'A' variants have as many differences, as exist between other chips with different numbers), and obviously include the right header file, then check the data sheet for wha modules are present that need configuring.

Best Wishes
Ringo42

Re: Pic16f628 Vs 16f628A
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 7:23 am     Reply with quote

Is teh new header module something that can be downloaded, or do I have to buy a new compiler? My version does not have the header for the 877A or teh 628A.
Thasnk
Ringo
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: