CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

ICD-U connection problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donomark

ICD-U connection problems
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:58 pm     Reply with quote

I have just bought CCS ICD-U (usb interface)but I can start ICD software. I've connected ICD-U as indicated at

<a href="http://www.ccsinfo.com/faq/?45" TARGET="_blank">http://www.ccsinfo.com/faq/?45</a>

When I powered my proto board, the led on ICD started up (no blinking, only fixed light) and Windows (Windows XP PRO) found the new hardware. After drivers installation, I tried to run ICD software but I got an error message:
Could not connect:No response from ICD. Would you like to enter new values to try again?

I cheked sever time the connections but all is ok.
The drivers are correctly installed. I tested ICD on another PC with the same results. However the led in solid and not blinking if I unplug the USB cable.

In the ICD help I found:

PC cannot establish communication and LED is solid
Bootloader in ICD may be damaged. Unit should be returned to CCS for reload.

The ICD is brand new:how is it possible that bootloader is damaged? Maybe the manufactur has forgotten to program the pic?
In which way can I fix this problem?

Please help me? I waited many days for ICD-U and now that I have received it, it does not work!

Thank you for your attentions.

Best regards.

Marco

Re: ICD-U connection problems
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 8:02 pm     Reply with quote

Marco
You should call CCS Tech support and have them help you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:03 pm     Reply with quote

I had the same problem ! I just reload the bootloader into the ICD-U40 with internal ICSP connector.

Alex
wedilo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:19 am     Reply with quote

Hello folks,
I also have much trouble with icd.exe v2.6 and up operating the icd hardware. I hope that someone from CCS e.g. Darren Rook can tell some word to that problem.
All the promlems started with the upload of the new firmware 'icdfirmware-01-20.fw'. After this I can't connect the icd hardware with icd.exe higher then 2.6. With v2.0 is it no problem.
But I need the higher version for using the debugger of PCW IDE which need librarys from a later version.
It could not be, that I must reprogram the bootloader or send it back to CCS. I think ccs must release a new firmware or a new icd.exe as soon as possible.
What can I do to use my icd hardware with v2.6 and up????

Thanks for any help
73 Sven
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: