CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Standalone prog with ICD-U USB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ourawomba

Standalone prog with ICD-U USB
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:31 am     Reply with quote

Heya

I am using PCW version 3.163 and ICD-U40 (USB unit) to debug my software. All is working correctly.

Is that possible, with this ICD unit, to flash the PIC (18LF452) without using a programmer like warp13 ? I just want my soft to run without the ICD pad.

Thx

Pascal
Al

Re: Standalone prog with ICD-U USB
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:38 am     Reply with quote

ourawomba wrote:
Heya

I am using PCW version 3.163 and ICD-U40 (USB unit) to debug my software. All is working correctly.

Is that possible, with this ICD unit, to flash the PIC (18LF452) without using a programmer like warp13 ? I just want my soft to run without the ICD pad.

Thx

Pascal

I'm don't know anything about the PIC (18LF452) but have used the PIC (18F452). I suspect you are wanting to download the software and then allow your PIC to run in standalone mode. If so - download in the normal way. e.g. From PCW Compiler - Tools->ICD Download And then disconnect your ICD cable and then reset the PIC - either by it's rest button or by switching the power off and on. It should now be running. You can reset as often as you like to re-run the program.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:36 am     Reply with quote

Hi al

The only problem when I try to download it the normal way is that I have choice between COM1 or COM2 port. Unfortunately I am using the USB version of the ICD unit (ICD-U40).

So how can I do ?

Thx

Pascal
nzjrs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:52 am     Reply with quote

I had this trouble for a while to. The ICD would not show up in that list. I reinstalled the compiler, and usb driver. I think i updated as well. Generally just play around with it and it will eventually work. Im using 3.180 now, and it works well

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:08 am     Reply with quote

Yes I have a similar problem with PCW Compiler IDE version 3.41. When I connect to the ICD using Tool->ICD - it does not give me the choice to configure the Port (USB or COM). However when I run up the ICD program by itself (from the Start menu in the PIC-C folder) this runs up an application window which has a "Configure Port" button which does allow me to select the USB port.
Al

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:13 am     Reply with quote

Sorry ourawomba I have resent this just to let you know this was my reply to you - it didn't pick up my login ID first time (above).
Yes I have a similar problem with PCW Compiler IDE version 3.41. When I connect to the ICD using Tool->ICD - it does not give me the choice to configure the Port (USB or COM). However when I run up the ICD program by itself (from the Start menu in the PIC-C folder) this runs up an application window which has a "Configure Port" button which does allow me to select the USB port.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: