CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

IDE Editor Lag

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rteder

IDE Editor Lag
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:57 am     Reply with quote

The editor has become very laggy. Type something, 2...3...4 and the text appears. This is very fatiguing to use when creating a new block of code. I tried turning off the code insight and auto-complete, to no avail.

Does anyone have a solution to this, short of using a different editor for code creation?

Thanks!
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:28 am     Reply with quote

Bring up Windows Task Manager and look at Processes. See what's
hogging all the memory and/or CPU time. Is it the IDE or something else ?
rteder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:57 am     Reply with quote

Thanks, and good idea. But CPU usage on this fast machine remains about 10%, and nothing is taking serious resources.

Yet when I type on editor I get as many as four characters ahead before they appear on the screen. I'm pulling up Notepad++ for long edits for now, but that hardly sounds like the optimal solution!
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:51 am     Reply with quote

I must admit I've seen problems with the IDE responding to right click, where the pull down window just hangs for a long time before allowing you to select an option, but have never seen lags in the actual typing. How long are the files?. I tend to keep individual files under perhaps 5000 lines, juts because it makes it much easier to actually keep track of things. Current projects I'm working on are ranging from 27000 to 66000 lines in total, and I've never seen what you are describing. The filter keys option in Windows, can lead to long delays in some programs. Possibly worth checking how this is set?. Also worth checking you do have the latest display driver, and it is not giving any errors. It's possible that the CCS IDE is just using a particular bit of Windows code that nothing else you have is wanting, and there is a problem here. Otherwise have a talk to CCS they are the only people who will know what features in Windows the actual IDE relies on.
What age is the PC?. There was a significant drop in performance on pre 2015 PC's, with the update to fix the Intel core problem. When did you notice it slow?. Possibly with a particular Windows update?.
rteder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:05 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for responding, but the problem is even in a short file. And the machine is recent, high-end, fast machine. Current drivers, and no other programs give trouble. The swell CCS folks have been in communication on this, but have not solved it yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: