CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

#FAST_IO directive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ibg

#FAST_IO directive
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:38 am     Reply with quote

Iīve read in the CCS manual that the #FAST_IO directive affects how the compiler will generate code for input and output instrucctions.

Itīs also said that the fast method of doing I/O will cause the compiler to perform I/O without programming of the direction register.

What does all the above mean? What happen if we donīt specify the #fast_io directive for a certain port? How the I/O is done then?

Thanks for all,

Imanol
Neutone

Re: #FAST_IO directive
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:14 pm     Reply with quote

ibg wrote:
Iīve read in the CCS manual that the #FAST_IO directive affects how the compiler will generate code for input and output instrucctions.

Itīs also said that the fast method of doing I/O will cause the compiler to perform I/O without programming of the direction register.

What does all the above mean? What happen if we donīt specify the #fast_io directive for a certain port? How the I/O is done then?

Thanks for all,

Imanol

Each pin can be either an input or an output but not both at the same time. If you have a pin that will only be used as an output it may be set as an output only once instead of every time the output value is changed. If you use a pin as both an input and an output the pin must be specified as an output or an input before each read or write to the pin.

#standard_IO is the default and it will specify the direction (in or out) before you use the pin, each time you use it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: