CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Lamp Test of AC leds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaronik19

Lamp Test of AC leds
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:12 am     Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

I know that this is not an electronic forum but I have a difficulty and I really wish your help since some might know the answer and be useful to someone else. I am building a circuit and the user need to make a lamp test to test the panels LEDS which operates at 24VAC. In dc I usually make a diode in the input of the diode and another diode from the signal to the input of the diode to avoid false triggering. On AC how I can solve the problem?

Thanks for your understanding.

Yours
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:20 am     Reply with quote

Honestly you question is not very clear. However I suspect an AC input opto-coupler, with a resistor across it's inputs, selected so it turns on when the right current is drawn, might do what you want.
Mike Walne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:25 am     Reply with quote

Like you say this one's strictly off topic.

As usual your'e not giving us much to work on, but you might consider:

1) Relays.
2) FETs.

Mike

Partly depends on whether one side of the ac can be connected to PIC negative rail.

Big question. Are the LEDs providing a signal TO or responding to a signal FROM the controller?
aaronik19

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:37 pm     Reply with quote

Mike please stop criticise everytime i ask question. If you are not confortable to answer my question, just my question. Other people responded and i am very pleased with their reply. If you read my post i started the post that my question is not related to pic but it might be useful for someone who might use ac with pic.

What is wrong????
temtronic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:36 pm     Reply with quote

Along with the other suggestions

you could optically couple the panel LED to a sensor to confirm it's on.

you could measure the current of the panel LED to confirm it's on.

Without knowing what access you have to the LEDs it's difficult to say whih is the best approah.
Also how many LEDs need to be tested and how many PIC I/O pins ae available, how much memory is commited to the test function?

I know how to test up to 32 LEDs with one I/O pin, old school ,BTDT 3 decades ago...still works to !

Jay
Mike Walne

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:34 am     Reply with quote

aaronik19 wrote:
Mike please stop criticise everytime i ask question. If you are not confortable to answer my question, just my question. Other people responded and i am very pleased with their reply. If you read my post i started the post that my question is not related to pic but it might be useful for someone who might use ac with pic.

What is wrong????

I started by agreeing with you!

I can't answer your question simply because I still don't understand EXACTLY what you are wanting to do, so I'm probing further.

For example:-

When I start-up my car ALL the fail indicators light during the start-up sequence.
Even when there are no faults, the test allows me to see all the LEDs are functional.
Are you wanting a test like this, or something else?

Mike

It might help if you supply a drawing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: