CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Using a compiler x in IDE y

View previous topic :: View next topic  
benoitstjean

Using a compiler x in IDE y
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:31 pm     Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just as a side note in case any of you run into this problem.

I've upgraded my compiler from 5.026 to 5.071 but unfortunately, the 5.071 compiler breaks my code and the MCU does not work as expected.

Not being able to upgrade prevents me from using the __BUILDNUMBER__ option of 5.071. I need this within my program for the FW version so I can push it to users.

Given that 5.071 is not working and 5.026 does not have the __BUILDNUMBER__ option, you can mix compiler versions with a different IDE version provided you have the original installation .exe file of the compiler you need to use.

So in my case, I need 5.071 IDE for the __BUILDNUMBER__ option using the 5.026 compiler.

In 5.071, click on HELP --> ABOUT and at the bottom, click on VIEW OTHER VERSIONS.

A box will open and from there, click on IMPORT ANOTHER VERSION FROM INSTALLER EXE.

This will pop a SELECT INSTALLER PROGRAM EXE dialog box and from there, navigate and find your original installation CCS file named like 'PCWHDUPD.EXE' and click OPEN. This will then load the compiler into the IDE.

When done, close all and restart the compiler. Then go back to HELP --> ABOUT and the IDE will show, let's say, 5.071 but PCB, PCM, PCH and PCD show 5.026.

Now if I re-compiler my code, I have the __BUILDNUMBER__ feature from 5.071 and the code has been compiled with 5.026 and all works fine.

Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: