CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

New icds.exe bad?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HLDewar

New icds.exe bad?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:44 am     Reply with quote

Yesterday, I downloaded and installed the latest icds.exe, released on 9-Dec-2003. After installing it, I could not compile code for the 18F8720. The compiler justs freezes up. Sad

I am running
PCW IDE 3.21
PCB 3.116
PCM 3.116
PCH 3.116

Is there a problem with the latest icds.exe and my version of the compiler? Can I get an earlier version of icds.exe? (I no longer have the icds.exe that I had installed previously.)

I reinstalled the compiler without installing icds.exe, and when I compile my 18F8720 code, I get an error that it does not recognize something in the #FUSES line. If I take out some of the fuse settings, I can get it to compile. But if I then install icds.exe, it stops working again.

Any suggestions?
HLDewar

devices.dat
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:24 pm     Reply with quote

The problem seems to come from the new devices.dat file that gets installed by icds.exe. I reinstalled the compiler, which works except for the error on unrecognized #FUSE settings. I reinstalled icds.exe in a separate folder. If I just copy the new devices.dat file from the ICDS folder to the compiler folder (PICC), the compiler stops working, view valid fuses stops working, view valid interrupts stops working, and the device editor stops working.

Question Is there some way to get a previous version of devices.dat or icsd.exe?

Thank you for any help. Smile
Haplo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:29 pm     Reply with quote

The new icds.exe crashes miserably on my machine, so I'm already back to the old version.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:52 pm     Reply with quote

I have the old devices.dat, email me if you neen it.

Pedro_Zamora@msn.com
HLDewar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:29 pm     Reply with quote

In case anyone was wondering, the old devices.dat solved the problem.

Muchos Gracias, Pedro. Very Happy
ChrisAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:21 pm     Reply with quote

I am running the demo version to evaluate the product. I downloaded the Dec 22nd ICDS update, and it locked the compiler up and caused me 1/2 a days messing around trying to fix it. Thankfully I then found this post, and the cure was the same... use the old devices.dat file.

My guess is that the devices.dat file aligns with the latest compiler release, which is bearable if you have compiler maintenance.... hmmmmm, only get compiler updates for 30 days if you purchase the product... hmmmm Sad
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: