CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug Reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Styles

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> EZ App Lynx
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NAR



Joined: 01 Dec 2016
Posts: 16
Location: IL, USA

View user's profile Send private message

Styles
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:25 am     Reply with quote

We are exploring using EZ App Lynx for multiple sensors project; i do have some questions before we start digging deeper into the examples;

- Can device names shown in the App be changed. (You know rather than EZAPP_1400, be able to put something that make sense such as Sensor name)

- How powerful the custom style engine is? Can we put two POT gauges on the same row? How about having one gauge but next to it on the right have some displayed fields? or drop down lists? Are we limited to one field (or index) per row?

- Can the security engine be implemented on a second page? So the first screen is just displaying sensor data, but if changes to be made, a security code must be entered. Was wondering if we can expand the security engine for such work, I know this can be done without the engine by having a String field value and compare that value to PIC stored one, and if match then open the second screen.

- if we need to develop our own iOS app, but part of that app is collecting some data from EZ APP Lynx enabled board, is there an iOS library to be used so custom EZ APP Lynx codes can be used.

Thanks
NAR



Joined: 01 Dec 2016
Posts: 16
Location: IL, USA

View user's profile Send private message

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:08 pm     Reply with quote

To answer #1, use

Code:
#define BT_FRIENDLY_NAME "Device name"


anyone can give a shot on the other questions!
Darren Rook



Joined: 06 Sep 2003
Posts: 286
Location: Milwaukee, WI

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Re: Styles
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:21 am     Reply with quote

NAR wrote:
- Can device names shown in the App be changed. (You know rather than EZAPP_1400, be able to put something that make sense such as Sensor name)


There are functions for changing the name, or using the BT_FRIENDLY_NAME as you have already discovered.

Be aware that Android 5 and up do not like BLE devices that have names longer 8 characters.

NAR wrote:
How powerful the custom style engine is? Can we put two POT gauges on the same row? How about having one gauge but next to it on the right have some displayed fields? or drop down lists? Are we limited to one field (or index) per row?


Except for buttons and digital outputs (leds) you are generally limited to one variable per row.

If your application needs new fields then contact CCS and we can talk about adding them to the framework.

NAR wrote:
Can the security engine be implemented on a second page? So the first screen is just displaying sensor data, but if changes to be made, a security code must be entered. Was wondering if we can expand the security engine for such work, I know this can be done without the engine by having a String field value and compare that value to PIC stored one, and if match then open the second screen.


This can be done. We don't have an example of this, but in your app you can call EZAppSetAuthLevel() dynamically based on the page being displayed to set the authorization needed.

NAR wrote:
if we need to develop our own iOS app, but part of that app is collecting some data from EZ APP Lynx enabled board, is there an iOS library to be used so custom EZ APP Lynx codes can be used.


We do not have this. Instead we do provide a branding service that gives you a version of the Android and iOS app with your name, icon and help file. More details can be found here http://www.ccsinfo.com/product_info.php?products_id=eal-pub-both[/url]
_________________
I came, I saw, I compiled.
NAR



Joined: 01 Dec 2016
Posts: 16
Location: IL, USA

View user's profile Send private message

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:31 am     Reply with quote

Thanks Darren. The Ez APP Lynx is perfect as a proof of concept and to get some demo and working model. Though the CCS built in RN4020 library is great and allowed us to do our own code rather.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> EZ App Lynx All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group