CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

RN4020 and EzAppLynx

View previous topic :: View next topic  
snock

RN4020 and EzAppLynx
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:43 am     Reply with quote

Greetings. I am looking to use the RN4020 and EzAppLynx in a project here and while I have not yet upgraded to a newer version of the CCS compiler with the necessary libraries, I would like to know what interface the library uses. Does it use SPI or the UART and what, if any, additional pins need to be connected on the RN4020?

Thanks.
newguy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:10 am     Reply with quote

I bought the CCS EZApp development kit at my last job, and it's been about 9 months since I've touched it, but I'm pretty sure that their interface to the Bluetooth module was via serial. Ask CCS for a schematic of their development kit (explain why and your planned application), and I'm quite sure they'll send it to you.

Their driver had some subtle nuances - you need to read pretty much every line, particularly the #define(s), as they really had some major effects on the behaviour of the finished code. Basically, as set up, their development kit was adequate for smaller projects but if you wanted to incorporate more information/screens, it could start to act really weird. That was due to a default setting in their driver (can't remember which one), that, if I remember correctly, tried to optimize RAM but would lead to weird corrupted data/screens/screen behaviour on larger projects with many different screens/data/displays.

I'd definitely start with the CCS development kit first though. I forget what specific compiler version that added support for BT but I think it was in the 5.040s. If you update to the latest version you'll have all the drivers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> EZ App Lynx All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: