CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Int32 and float problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markus

Int32 and float problems
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:28 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,

I am programming an 877 and encountering a few problems with int32 and floats. The program is large (takes up \%55 of PIC ROM and \%80 of PIC RAM) and currently uses long's as its largest variable. I am required to change the long's to int32's but when I do the program functions erratically. Normally the program starts with an intro displayed on an LCD display. When I change to int32 it displays garbage and doesn't perform any of the operations required. I have managed to change one long into an int32 and it worked fine, but any more than one the problems occured. Please help.

Markus

Re: Int32 and float problems
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 7:16 am     Reply with quote

:=Hi,
:=
:=I am programming an 877 and encountering a few problems with int32 and floats. The program is large (takes up \%55 of PIC ROM and \%80 of PIC RAM) and currently uses long's as its largest variable. I am required to change the long's to int32's but when I do the program functions erratically. Normally the program starts with an intro displayed on an LCD display. When I change to int32 it displays garbage and doesn't perform any of the operations required. I have managed to change one long into an int32 and it worked fine, but any more than one the problems occured. Please help.
:=Markus

There is not much we can do unless you post some code....
Are you using #seperate? If so maybe you have stack overflow?
How much does the RAM/ROM grow when you switch to INT32. How are floats involved?

Re: Int32 and float problems
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:59 pm     Reply with quote

:=:=Hi,
:=:=
:=:=I am programming an 877 and encountering a few problems with int32 and floats. The program is large (takes up \%55 of PIC ROM and \%80 of PIC RAM) and currently uses long's as its largest variable. I am required to change the long's to int32's but when I do the program functions erratically. Normally the program starts with an intro displayed on an LCD display. When I change to int32 it displays garbage and doesn't perform any of the operations required. I have managed to change one long into an int32 and it worked fine, but any more than one the problems occured. Please help.
:=:=
:=:=Markus
:=There is not much we can do unless you post some code....
:=Are you using #seperate? If so maybe you have stack overflow?
:=How much does the RAM/ROM grow when you switch to INT32. How are floats involved?

Thanks to both of you for replying so quick, I also apologise for the numerous posting of the same question, I was getting an error when I tried to post the question, so I assumed they weren't working, I was wrong. I tried to delete the excess but I just got more error's.

I will try to get some of the code to you next week, but to answer your other questions, I'm not using #seperate; when I use one INT32 I get a 5\% increase in RAM and a minimal change in ROM; I'm not using any floats at the moment, I just tried them when the problem occurred with INT32 and found the same problem occurring.

Markus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: