CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

ICD-U64

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jummer

ICD-U64
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:29 pm     Reply with quote

Hello

I have a ICD-U64 using it with my compiler(4.093) to hard-debug. But the speed F7 and F8 is sometime fast and sometime real slow. Sometime it stop on wrong place. I cant point on anything because if closing the computer down one day, and starting another can make the difference. It's not the computer because the problem is on my laptop too.

But if I install all in ex. VirtualBox(running XP) it run smooth and nice? All driver is the same and the software too.

Any hints on this, because it drive me....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:28 am     Reply with quote

Some updates, the problem is on my VirtualBox too.

What I cant understand, if other face the same problem with slow debugging or other problem, why not write it here?

Some time it take seconds from pressing F7 on a real simple "c" line to the debugger enter to the next line. If I am the only one there face some problem with the debugger it may be something with my hardware, but if other see same problem, it's the software.

Code:
1) Slow debugging F7 / F8
2) Not stable, sometimes you must close down and start again.
3) At the information line all time showing (Ready MCU at 4,05MHz) I use 8 MHz and 1 MHz.
4) If using F8 on a print statement it take real long +10 seconds before it complete, some times it dosent return. Then you must close down and start again.
5) If using ex. timer0 int every 2ms. sometime it enter this int. too much, nearly after every F7 (talking uS). Other time it work nice.
6) .....

I think it's little sad that no one reply to this with your comments?
Jummer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:31 am     Reply with quote

In the documentation for the U64 there are a note that tell to connect pin 5 on the ICD socket to 5v. And there are a note telling to connect pin 6 with a 47k to 5v.

Will it say if using a 3,6v PIC both pin 5 and 6 must be powered with 5v or 3,6v.

I only connect vcc=3.6 to both pin. Can this be all the problem?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:02 am     Reply with quote

Now there are an updated ccsload 4022 after installing my 18f26j11 not work at all. roll back to 4020. If testing on a 18f4550 it work with 4022. CONFUSING!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: