CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

OSA - RTOS for PIC controllers
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tester

OSA - RTOS for PIC controllers
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:01 am     Reply with quote

Hello!

RTOS OSA is now ported to CCS (for PIC16s and PIC18s). This is free cooperative RTOS with all source code included. You can download it here: http://wiki.pic24.ru/doku.php/en/osa/ref/download/intro

OSA supports:
- priorities;
- timers (delays, timeouts, user timers);
- binary and counting semahores;
- messages;
- queues;
- flags.

On-line manual is here: http://wiki.pic24.ru/doku.php/en/osa/ref/intro

I hope OSA will be usefull for someone.

Best regards, Victor Timofeev
osa@pic24.ru
future

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:13 am     Reply with quote

Great! Is version 3.249 able to compile it? I tried and got some errors but did not investigate why yet.
tester

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:30 am     Reply with quote

future wrote:
Great! Is version 3.249 able to compile it? I tried and got some errors but did not investigate why yet.

I tried only with version 4.084.

What type of errors? What does your program do? Is your project created correctly?
tester

Re: OSA - RTOS for PIC controllers
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:11 am     Reply with quote

Bug fixed for PIC18: internal function _OS_InitDelay worked incorrectly. It is recommended to download new version 90716: http://wiki.pic24.ru/doku.php/en/osa/ref/download/intro
mutthunaveen

osa.h
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:45 pm     Reply with quote

I tried to run a simple code shown below. By copying osa.h and OSAcfg.h in the compilation dir, but I cannot successfully compile it.
Code:

#include <16F877A>
...clock and misc....
#include <osa.h>

void main (void)
{
    OS_Init();
    OS_Run();
}

If I run this plain program it is showing an error as " # a device must be included....."

Across this in the file osa.h the error is coming
Code:

#if !defined(OS_SMSG_TYPE)
#define     OS_SMSG_TYPE    unsigned char
#endif

Could you please give me any fully functional program that works with CCS compiler version 4.084 please Cool Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
tester

Re: osa.h
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:34 am     Reply with quote

Hello.
mutthunaveen wrote:
I tried to run a simple code shown below. By copying osa.h and OSAcfg.h in the compilation dir, but I cannot successfully compile it.

First: it is wrong to copy osa.h into the project directory. This file should be stayed into OSA directory.

Second: did you create your project correctly?
Quote:
Could you please give me any fully functional program that works with CCS compiler version 4.084 please Cool Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Look at the OSA last version:
Path "osa\test\" contains test projects (projects created in MPLab).
Path "osa\example\ccs" contains working example for LED controlling.
mutthunaveen

sorry the version number is 4.023
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:18 am     Reply with quote

dear tester i am using the version ccs 4.023

i downloaded the Version 90722 @ 849 kb (2009, jul, 22) NEW file from the site

i entered into the Path "osa\example\ccs" contains working example for LED controlling.

and i compiled the file "lights_ccs16.c" from the same folder "osa" i did not change any thing i downloaded and compiled as it is..... now i am getting this message as shown in the attachment...

actually i am new to this concept OSA.... i started reading this topic from yesterday evening. i am very much interested with this.. i tried several ways yesterday.........

please help me in successfully compiling this and running osa in my PIC... Very Happy

the error listings are::::::::

*** Error 18 "C:\Documents and Settings\oneder\Desktop\OSA\example\ccs\lights_ccs16.c" Line 35(10,17): File can not be opened
Not in "C:\Program Files\PICC\Devices\osa.h"
Not in "C:\Program Files\PICC\Drivers\osa.h"
Not in "C:\Program Files\PICC\Devices\osa.h"
Not in "C:\Program Files\PICC\Drivers\osa.h"
Not in local "C:\Documents and Settings\oneder\Desktop\OSA\example\ccs\osa.h"
*** Error 12 "C:\Documents and Settings\oneder\Desktop\OSA\example\ccs\lights_ccs16.c" Line 157(5,12): Undefined identifier OS_Init
*** Error 12 "C:\Documents and Settings\oneder\Desktop\OSA\example\ccs\lights_ccs16.c" Line 159(5,19): Undefined identifier OS_Task_Define
*** Error 12 "C:\Documents and Settings\oneder\Desktop\OSA\example\ccs\lights_ccs16.c" Line 160(5,19): Undefined identifier OS_Task_Define
*** Error 12 "C:\Documents and Settings\oneder\Desktop\OSA\example\ccs\lights_ccs16.c" Line 161(5,19): Undefined identifier OS_Task_Define
*** Error 12 "C:\Documents and Settings\oneder\Desktop\OSA\example\ccs\lights_ccs16.c" Line 163(5,19): Undefined identifier OS_Task_Create
*** Error 12 "C:\Documents and Settings\oneder\Desktop\OSA\example\ccs\lights_ccs16.c" Line 164(5,19): Undefined identifier OS_Task_Create
*** Error 12 "C:\Documents and Settings\oneder\Desktop\OSA\example\ccs\lights_ccs16.c" Line 165(5,19): Undefined identifier OS_Task_Create
*** Error 12 "C:\Documents and Settings\oneder\Desktop\OSA\example\ccs\lights_ccs16.c" Line 171(5,10): Undefined identifier OS_EI
*** Error 12 "C:\Documents and Settings\oneder\Desktop\OSA\example\ccs\lights_ccs16.c" Line 173(5,11): Undefined identifier OS_Run
*** Error 12 "C:\Documents and Settings\oneder\Desktop\OSA\example\ccs\lights_ccs16.c" Line 306(5,13): Undefined identifier OS_Timer
*** Error 12 "C:\Documents and Settings\oneder\Desktop\OSA\example\ccs\lights_ccs16.c" Line 329(38,46): Undefined identifier OS_Delay
*** Error 12 "C:\Documents and Settings\oneder\Desktop\OSA\example\ccs\lights_ccs16.c" Line 355(13,25): Undefined identifier OS_Cond_Wait
*** Error 12 "C:\Documents and Settings\oneder\Desktop\OSA\example\ccs\lights_ccs16.c" Line 356(13,21): Undefined identifier OS_Delay
*** Error 12 "C:\Documents and Settings\oneder\Desktop\OSA\example\ccs\lights_ccs16.c" Line 370(13,25): Undefined identifier OS_Cond_Wait
*** Error 12 "C:\Documents and Settings\oneder\Desktop\OSA\example\ccs\lights_ccs16.c" Line 371(13,21): Undefined identifier OS_Delay
*** Error 12 "C:\Documents and Settings\oneder\Desktop\OSA\example\ccs\lights_ccs16.c" Line 395(9,17): Undefined identifier OS_Delay
17 Errors, 0 Warnings.
tester

Re: sorry the version number is 4.023
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:32 am     Reply with quote

Error "File can't be opened" occurs because of osa.h is included with <> braces, so it is supposed that this file located in the include path, not in project path. See MPLab menu "Project\Build options\Project\Directories" list for "include path search". There should be two paths: path to your project directory and path to osa.c file.

All project settings (e.g. paths) suppose that project placed into c:\osa\examples\ccs (you placed it on the desktop). Move OSA folder into C:\ and try again.
mutthunaveen

I will try when I reach my home
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:25 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

Do this OSA work for my version of CCS? I will try and update to you when I reach my home.
tester

Re: i will tru when i reach my home
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:27 am     Reply with quote

mutthunaveen wrote:
Do this OSA work for my version of CCS? I will try and update to you when I reach my home.

I tried with version 4.084 only.
mickey231bhq

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:12 am     Reply with quote

4.096 version I tried, no problem.
tester

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:26 am     Reply with quote

mickey231bhq wrote:
4.096 version I tried, no problem.

Thank you!

(Do not be shy to ask when something will not work.)
mickey231bhq

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:38 pm     Reply with quote

I would like to ask you to support CCS for dspic (pcd) the idea of it? Laughing
tester

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:42 pm     Reply with quote

mickey231bhq wrote:
I would like to ask you to support CCS for dspic (pcd) the idea of it? Laughing

Not now, may be in future. dsPICs and PIC24 are supported by OSA only with Microchip C30.
mutthunaveen

dear tester it is working fine in V4.023
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:01 am     Reply with quote

I actually configured the compilation folder to the folder "osa" then compiled an example CCS program "LED xxx"...... it compiled with no errors.

It is working with the simulator. But it did not still work with the real PIC hardware. Today this evening I will try in my home and reply back to you tomorrow.

Can you give me a study guide to add the functions into RTOS ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> Code Library All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: