CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Load-n-Go Not communicating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patrickH_IA

Load-n-Go Not communicating
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:46 pm     Reply with quote

I believe my Load-n-Go, which I just received today, is not communicating properly with the PC.

When I enter "Diagnostics" in the ccsload application and then select "Check Communications" the modal form showing serial communications is occurring will appear and the program becomes non-responsive requiring the Task Manager be used to shutdown the application (I let it try for up to 10 minutes so far). Also when I select "Test Programmer" I receive the message
Quote:
Icd Test Error: ICD test failed: RS232 link failed: The ICD reported that it received bad data

I have attempted to use these functions both with a target processor (PIC 24FJ64GA002) connected and without. The error message from using "Test Programmer" is the same as is displayed within the help file image of the Diagnostics screenshot.

The real problem is that when I try to read a target processor I get a device ID of 0000. I have checked all connections and wires used for proper placement and continuity. Any ideas on what to check next? I have reinstalled the USB driver one time to see if the installation did not occur correctly the first time.
patrickH_IA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:44 pm     Reply with quote

Upon further inspection I found that I did, in fact have the wiring inverted.

I downloaded the "Beta" version of the latest CCSloader and while perusing the Helpfile I found a MUCH improved diagram for the hardwire wiring between Load-n-Go and the target processor. I had all of the Load-n-Go pin assignments reversed (conductors down I counted 1 to 6 while the helpfile showed that I should have had the jack conductors up to count 1 to 6).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: