CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Bluetooth Dongle Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scaven92

Bluetooth Dongle Question
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:11 am     Reply with quote

I have been working with an Ezurio Bluetooth Developement Kit. I have some USB bluetooth dongles I would like to interface with it, but not via the PC. How can I find the info (datasheets, etc) so that I know how to interface this with a PIC?

The device is has part numbers IS1612N-204 on the big chip and K24C08 on the smaller chip. I tried searching for information, but could not find anything. What would you recommend I do? Its not a necessity that I use these, but I got a bunch for a $1 a piece and would like to incorporate them.

I am looking to interface this via serial communication with the PIC and would like to have the AT command reference.

Thanks for the help, I imagine this isn't an easy thing. A simple point in the right direction will do alot!

-Chris
libor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:47 am     Reply with quote

With a google search I have found this company selling OEM BT modules (product code: BM1612NMA) with IS1612N controllers in them. I suppose they will provide you full documentation of their modules if you buy at least one module from them, maybe without buying also. A subset of their documentation might be the chip's datasheet or interface description. There must be somewhere the IS1612N datasheet available directly..., I could not locate it so far.

The smaller chip K24C08 is a serial EEPROM, the datasheet is here.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:14 am     Reply with quote

I use the EZUiRO Parts - for interfacing to a PIC why would you want to use USB? That's a whole huge driver/stack issue.

I use their embedded modules - these things interface via Serial - Very easy and no software stacks - just fire up a UART and start talking away to the device.

They use AT commands like a regular phone MODEM.

Inside the devices use the CSR chips (csr . com) with EZUiRO's software stack inside (the AT command interpreter).

Very easy....

HTH - Steve H
scaven92

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:46 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the information.

I have one Ezurio chip and it is very easy to interface, I was just trying to tackle the workings of a USB dongle too without purchasing another Ezurio unit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: