CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

DS1820 maximum distance

View previous topic :: View next topic  

DS1820 maximum distance
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:45 am     Reply with quote

I want to connect a maximum of 50 DS1820 devices to a pic18f452. I have gotten my code to work - no problem. However when I increased my cable length to 100m, it stopped working.
Please can someone tell me how to connect the DS1820 so it can work over distances greater 100m. I think I am looking for a maximum of 500m..

Thanks
ckielstra

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:09 am     Reply with quote

Check the list of Maxim 1-wire application notes.

Especially these application notes will be of great help:
APPLICATION NOTE 148: Guidelines for Reliable 1-Wire Networks
APPLICATION NOTE 244: Advanced 1-Wire Network Driver
APPLICATION NOTE 3829: Determining the Recovery Time for Multiple-Slave 1-Wire Networks

With careful design, good cable quality, impedance matching, reduced speed, etc. it should be possible to achieve 500m.
Cihan

Re: DS1820 maximum distance
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:39 am     Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I want to connect a maximum of 50 DS1820 devices to a pic18f452. I have gotten my code to work - no problem. However when I increased my cable length to 100m, it stopped working.
Please can someone tell me how to connect the DS1820 so it can work over distances greater 100m. I think I am looking for a maximum of 500m..

Thanks

How can u select the devices to read? for example i have 4 ds1820 in one wire but i can't read the temperature for each one? can u help me?
herselmann

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:53 am     Reply with quote

See app note AN187 1-Wire Search Algorithm. Once you have found all your devices, you can use the MATCH ROM command to address a specific device on the network. See a similar post recently in this forum for more clues.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: