CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Problem with debugger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m_beischer

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Problem with debugger
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:26 am     Reply with quote

I can program my 18F458 with the ICD Control Program V2.8 and start/stop my application.

From inside of PCW i can also program my PIC, but when it comes to debugging I get the following error message when I enable the debugger:

Quote:
Could not start target: The target was not reset Check the target oscillator and MCLR

What to do?

Compiler: PCWH 3.190, IDE 3.43

Regards,
Magnus Beischer
Konrad

H4 fuse selection requires power on / off
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:46 pm     Reply with quote

If the H4 fuse option is selected, after programming the PIC needs to be powered down and re-powered for the fuse to be enabled.
This is true if you have a PIC with a fuse set to H4 and re-program it with HS.
This is one possible reason.
Charlie U

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:10 pm     Reply with quote

I received the same message while trying to debug an 18F452. After discussing the problem with CCS customer support, (Mark) we determined that even though the information on the ICDU40 states that it is powered by the USB interface, it still requires a connection to the user Vdd for reference. I was told that this is used by the ICDU40 as a reference to drive the MCLR line. I connected my Vdd, in this case it was 5V, to the ICD interface and all has been well, mostly, ever since. I still have the occasional problem where the debug software can't find the USB port. I just close the compiler, unplug the USB port, reconnect it, and fire up the compiler again. It's a bit of an irritation, but it doesn't happen too often.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: