CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Interrupt priorities with PCH?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Theron

Interrupt priorities with PCH?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 8:39 am     Reply with quote

PIC18C252 has two interrupt vectors, one for high priority and one for low priority. Has anybody tried to utilize this using PCH? According to what I can read in the documentation, I can't find any implementation... It will be real sad if you have this superior interrupt functionality available, but the compiler cannot handle it!

Tom

Re: Interrupt priorities with PCH?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 3:26 pm     Reply with quote

:=PIC18C252 has two interrupt vectors, one for high priority and one for low priority. Has anybody tried to utilize this using PCH? According to what I can read in the documentation, I can't find any implementation... It will be real sad if you have this superior interrupt functionality available, but the compiler cannot handle it!

PCH doesn't support this.

Yet.

It will in the future; we are working on it.
I came, I saw, I compiled.
Tom Theron

Re: Interrupt priorities with PCH?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 3:47 am     Reply with quote

:=:=PIC18C252 has two interrupt vectors, one for high priority and one for low priority. Has anybody tried to utilize this using PCH? According to what I can read in the documentation, I can't find any implementation... It will be real sad if you have this superior interrupt functionality available, but the compiler cannot handle it!
:=
:=PCH doesn't support this.
:=Yet.
:=It will in the future; we are working on it.

Saddest of all is that I've tried to implement my own interrupt scheduler by inserting code in the 0008 interrupt space using the #org directive. The compiler then goes bezerk and looses all awareness of the lower priority interrupts. My higher priority interrupt functions well, but when you look at the assembly generated, the compiler treats the other interrupts as normal functions and just flushes over the 0018 interrupt space.

We jumped from 16C.. to 18C.. MAINLY because of the interrupt scheduler. We have legacy code in PCM. Now that functionality can't be achieved without rewriting half the code in assembler, so the whole impetus of bying PCH is lost. I've already lost so much $ in terms of battling with this, that we could just as well have moved to a totally different compiler (that works).

-Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: