CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Lost RJ11 cable for my programmer; how can I replace?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spasticteapot

Lost RJ11 cable for my programmer; how can I replace?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:41 pm     Reply with quote

Having finally found an appropriate wall-wart for my development board, I found I'm missing the RJ-11 cable. I dug out a 4-wire cable used with a telephone, but it does'nt seem to work.
Can I get a six-wire RJ11 cable from radioshack, and will it work if it's straight-through? (I don't know if these use a crossover cable.)
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:41 pm     Reply with quote

The 6-pin modular cable that comes with the Microchip ICD2 is the
reversed style. On one end, the colors are:

White
Black
Red
Green
Yellow
Blue

On the other end, the order is reversed.
iso9001

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:00 pm     Reply with quote

Thats probably not really helpful to him.

I don't know where you are located but, Heres what I did (i live in the states)

Goto your local home depot, ACE, lowes, whatever hardware store and ask to buy some 6 wire phone cable, I like the flat stuff but CAT 3e or CAT5e will work too, acutally it'll work a tiny bit better but not enough you'de ever notice.

Now, while the guy is cutting it ask him if he'd mind crimping on some 6 contact RJ12/RJ11 connectors, forget the wire colors because they mean nothing. Just make sure they are the same when held directly to each other, or reversed when held next to one another.

If he doesn't want to crimp them on then I'de recommend buying the tool. It WILL come in handy at some point, not just with pic projects but around the house or for that cute neighbor girl too. My tool does RJ45 and RJ11, I think it set me back all of $20, pretty well made too.

These are non crossover.

edit: Oh and my cables are always a little over a foot and have never really had any problems. I'de stay at or under 12" tho
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: