CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

ICE Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  

ICE Question
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:28 am     Reply with quote

I did ask this question some time ago and from that I found RF Solutions and the ICEPIC3 to work with the 18F252 but this product has been delayed far too long and I can't wait any longer, so the question is what is the best ICE for the 18F252

Thanks

Re: ICE Question
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:13 pm     Reply with quote

:=I did ask this question some time ago and from that I found RF Solutions and the ICEPIC3 to work with the 18F252 but this product has been delayed far too long and I can't wait any longer, so the question is what is the best ICE for the 18F252
:=
:=Thanks

The ICE2000 supports that chip but with the ease and speed of using an ICD my ICE2000 collects dust while I develop for the 18F252. The biggest problem is that you can't really get communications between chips when you step through code in an emulator. It also takes about the same amount of time to load code into the emulator as it does to load code into the target circuit. Their is also an order of magnitude in price difference. ICD's are cheaper. I have a few of the ICD-2 from microchip and a few of the ICD-u from CCS. The ICD-u is cheaper and I don't have to use MPLAB to program a chip.

Re: ICE Question
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:01 pm     Reply with quote

:=:=I did ask this question some time ago and from that I found RF Solutions and the ICEPIC3 to work with the 18F252 but this product has been delayed far too long and I can't wait any longer, so the question is what is the best ICE for the 18F252
:=:=
:=:=Thanks
:=
:=The ICE2000 supports that chip but with the ease and speed of using an ICD my ICE2000 collects dust while I develop for the 18F252. The biggest problem is that you can't really get communications between chips when you step through code in an emulator. It also takes about the same amount of time to load code into the emulator as it does to load code into the target circuit. Their is also an order of magnitude in price difference. ICD's are cheaper. I have a few of the ICD-2 from microchip and a few of the ICD-u from CCS. The ICD-u is cheaper and I don't have to use MPLAB to program a chip.

Never used a ICD I assume it means In Circuit Debugger, does this consume and of the 18F252 ram/rom and can you do source level debugging (see the CSS source code and step through it) and you set breat point etc. etc.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: