CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIC16F877

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jan

PIC16F877
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:58 pm     Reply with quote

I use PIC16F877 microcontroller and have problem with full dublex RS232 connection. When sending data to hyperterminal,I can only send but not recive data, using getc().

Re: PIC16F877
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:20 am     Reply with quote

:=I use PIC16F877 microcontroller and have problem with full dublex RS232 connection. When sending data to hyperterminal,I can only send but not recive data, using getc().

I've had problems similar to this in the past. When I'm sending data constantly, and not receiving it using an interrupt driven recieve routine, I'd always miss data going both ways.

The reason was that while the PIC was sending, it wasn't receiving, and vice versa.

To get round this you should use 3 things...

1) Get rid of Hyperterm, and use Teraterm instead. I don't know the URL, but do a search on this board, and you'll get a result.

2) Use an interrupt driven serial port receive routine (it's been discussed here plenty of times).

3) Use an interrupt driven serial port transmit routine - again it's been discussed here before.

HTH

Pete.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: