CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Programmable video termination

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haplo

Programmable video termination
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:25 pm     Reply with quote

In a project I am connecting to a baseband composite video signal (usually the Video-Out port of the TV). The video decoder chip used here is Phlipps SA7115. I am having problems with termination...depending on the set I may/may not need to terminate the video soure with a 75ohms resistor (for example if the device is conencted to VCR rather than a TV). I want to avoid putting a physical switch on the device for this purpose, so I'm looking at a programmable termination circuit.
I currently have a 2N7002 in the design to provide this switching. I'm concerned about the added capacitance and its effects on the video. It's typically speced at 28pF for VGS=0(off) and VDS=10-25V. The VDS spec is way too high for our application (~1Vpp) and the curves show that the pF rise sharply for lower voltages. And, the ON pF are not speced -- I'm hoping this means that it's so low it's not mentioned.

An alternative is to use a small relay as the terminating switch. Does anyone have any other ideas? Has anyone else ever built a rogrammable video terminator?

Thanks.
dyeatman

Solid state termination switch
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:47 pm     Reply with quote

Maxim has a number of video/RF switches you might take a look at.

www.maxim-ic.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: