CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Anyone tried 3.202? Seems to be really broken

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kory

Anyone tried 3.202? Seems to be really broken
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:06 pm     Reply with quote

I tried 3.202 lathe night at it is worse than 3.201. Genereates buggier code. Unfortunately, 3.201 also has one bug that has no work around for me, so I'm totally stuck right now. 3.191 had two bugs.

Kory

Re: Anyone tried 3.202? Seems to be really broken
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:45 pm     Reply with quote

kory wrote:
I tried 3.202 lathe night at it is worse than 3.201. Genereates buggier code. Unfortunately, 3.201 also has one bug that has no work around for me, so I'm totally stuck right now. 3.191 had two bugs.

Kory

If you post a comment like this could you please back it up with examples.

Just what is broken in 3.202 and What are these special bugs that stop you using 3.191 ?

Tried it today and it compiled 48K (of 64K) good code...
kory

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:18 pm     Reply with quote

When I posted the first message, I had not debugged the compiler code yet. What I've found so far is that in a large switch()/case statement, the compiler generates an absilute jump into a completely different function and causes the chip to reset.

One other person on the forum had the same prbolem and the #opt 5 pragma solved their problem. I tried it and it make no different for me (the code this get bigger). I even tried lower levels of 4 and 3.

I hit this problem pretty early on, so I have not been able to exercise much of the code.

Kory
William H. Conley III

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:22 pm     Reply with quote

"Kory"

You don't have to post your code on the forum but if you could email me what you have I maybe able to help.
C-H Wu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:04 pm     Reply with quote

Kory:

kory wrote:

Kory

Would you like to try 3.187 with #opt 10 ? It works pretty good for me.

3.187 does not have the bugs found in 3.188 ~ 3.201. The only potential bug for 3.187 worries me is "Problems with very large PIC18 data structures (fixed in 3.189)"

Best wishes

C-H Wu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:54 pm     Reply with quote

kory wrote:
What I've found so far is that in a large switch()/case statement, the compiler generates an absilute jump into a completely different function and causes the chip to reset.
Kory

Just how big is the switch ?

The code I'm working on at the moment has switch with 37 cases and it working just fine.

Hans W

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:44 pm     Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
kory wrote:
What I've found so far is that in a large switch()/case statement, the compiler generates an absilute jump into a completely different function and causes the chip to reset.
Kory

Just how big is the switch ?

The code I'm working on at the moment has switch with 37 cases and it working just fine.

Hans W

It is fixed

Kory wrote:
Darren's suggestion of using an int16 in the switch statement cleared the problem! I even removed the #opt 5 and it still works! Thank you, Darren! Very Happy Smile

I still have the annoying problem in that I can't load non-debug code with the ICD-40U, but for the work around, I use the ICD2 to burn the production boards.

Thanks everyone for your help.

see the end of this: http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19488&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=e1d79e35ecb7ddb79a4edc48a815c777
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: