CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

MPLAB/PCW ICD 2 Background Debug

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gavin

MPLAB/PCW ICD 2 Background Debug
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:35 am     Reply with quote

I am using MPLAB 6.10a and ICD 2 firmware is 1.03. I am programming a PIC18F452. I have tried so many different combinations of settings and soloutions but can not reslove the error "target not in debug mode".
I have tied PGM/RB5 pin low, I have checked in build options for the project and file "compile for ICD", I have verified that my 20MHz crystal runs at 20MHz on the OSC2 pin and I have enabled debug in config bits.
I would appreciate any suggestions. Please help.

Re: MPLAB/PCW ICD 2 Background Debug
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:41 am     Reply with quote

Have you included ICD = TRUE in you #device statement?

:=I am using MPLAB 6.10a and ICD 2 firmware is 1.03. I am programming a PIC18F452. I have tried so many different combinations of settings and soloutions but can not reslove the error "target not in debug mode".
:=I have tied PGM/RB5 pin low, I have checked in build options for the project and file "compile for ICD", I have verified that my 20MHz crystal runs at 20MHz on the OSC2 pin and I have enabled debug in config bits.
:=I would appreciate any suggestions. Please help.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:54 pm     Reply with quote

:=I am using MPLAB 6.10a and ICD 2 firmware is 1.03. I am programming a PIC18F452. I have tried so many different combinations of settings and soloutions but can not reslove the error "target not in debug mode".

I had the same problem debugging a 452. Disabling all of the code write protection fuses fixed the problem for me. (i.e., setting the fuses to allow writes to code.) I don't remember the exact #fuse option, but I think it's NOWRT.

Hope it helps.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:07 pm     Reply with quote

Yes I have. Do you have any other ideas?

:=Have you included ICD = TRUE in you #device statement?
:=
:=:=I am using MPLAB 6.10a and ICD 2 firmware is 1.03. I am programming a PIC18F452. I have tried so many different combinations of settings and soloutions but can not reslove the error "target not in debug mode".
:=:=I have tied PGM/RB5 pin low, I have checked in build options for the project and file "compile for ICD", I have verified that my 20MHz crystal runs at 20MHz on the OSC2 pin and I have enabled debug in config bits.
:=:=I would appreciate any suggestions. Please help.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:15 pm     Reply with quote

Would it be #fuse WRT to enable writes to code?

:=:=I am using MPLAB 6.10a and ICD 2 firmware is 1.03. I am programming a PIC18F452. I have tried so many different combinations of settings and soloutions but can not reslove the error "target not in debug mode".
:=I had the same problem debugging a 452. Disabling all of the code write protection fuses fixed the problem for me. (i.e., setting the fuses to allow writes to code.) I don't remember the exact #fuse option, but I think it's NOWRT.
:=Hope it helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: