CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIC16F777 - Do I need someone else's programmer?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghanka

PIC16F777 - Do I need someone else's programmer?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:50 pm     Reply with quote

I switched my circuit from PIC18F432 to PIC16F777, and my ICD-U doesn't recognize the new chip. The PIC16F777 is listed in the ICD-U interface, but now I see it is not listed on the CCS web page list of supported devices.

Do I have to go with a different company?

gordon
Sad
asjad

firmware drivers
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:23 am     Reply with quote

If you say that your ICD module used to support PIC16F877 and now it does not.

You need to try diffrent firmware drivers for your ICD???

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:54 pm     Reply with quote

Contact CCS technical support about the programmer and the new PIC16F777 parts. If you are in the USA, your best bet will be to use the telephone as email techsupport is notriously slow.

Thanks for the idea but...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:30 pm     Reply with quote

alas I already tried installing the latest driver and firmware from the CCS web page on friday.

It's not that something used to work but now does not. Rather, I verified that all my stuff is working correctly by programming a 18F4320, but when I take out the 18F4320 and replace it with a (nearly pin-identical) 16F777, the ICDU doesn't recognize the new chip.

Apparently the 16F777 is too new and hence unknown to the firmware. This is a bit curious, as the 16F777 does seem to be known to both the compiler and the ICDU driver.

Is there any hope that I can enter the chip parameters myself?

gordon
ghanka

Problem fixed in latest revision
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:54 am     Reply with quote

Experimenting with a different programmer, I have discovered that both the ICD control software and the PCWH software were independently screwing up with the PIC16F777.

However the good news is, it looks like CCS fixed the problem promptly, as the latest updates to PCWH (ver 3.19) and the ICD-U control program (ver 2.7) now work correctly with the PIC16F777.

14 channels of 10-bit ADC! 8K words of program memory!

Note: Apparently some PIC16F777 chips were misprogrammed at the factory, so they give the ID code of PIC16F767. My limited tests indicate that the ICD-U seems to work correctly with these misprogrammed chips.

gordon Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: