CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

SURVEY - CCS ICD-S, ICD-U and EEPROM contents

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TL

SURVEY - CCS ICD-S, ICD-U and EEPROM contents
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:00 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

When I do a flash download onto a 16F876A or 18F252 using the CCS ICD-S, the internal EEPROM contents are all changed to $FF. I have tried “erase when needed” and “no erase” modes in the ICD control program but I still got the EEPROM contents changed. Obviously, I would like the EEPROM contents to stay the same after each flash download.

I have reported this problem to CCS and they investigated it, but they said that they could do flash downloads without changing the EEPROM contents!!!

Also, I sometimes get the error message "Could not read RAM: No response from the ICD data buffer: 03 3F 00 00" after flash download. I'm not sure whether my ICD-S is faulty. However, my application works after each download.

Could users of CCS ICD-S and ICD-U, please post your replies here to confirm whether you have managed or not managed to do so. Copy the following lines and edit them and post them back here. Thanks.

Result: Changed EEPROM contents
Compiler: v3.158 PCWH
ICD type: ICD-S
ICD firmware: V1.20
ICD control program: V2.7
Konrad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:29 pm     Reply with quote

I use a microchip ICD with CCS firmware @ 20MHz.
BUT when I get near to a final version I use microchip ICD2 because it does not automatically overwrite the chip at startup and the fues settings are easier to establish.

My experience is that the E2PROM is left alone. Check
the ICD cable is short
you use all the correct setup, ie. for a F876 use device = F876 etc as though F877 is compatile some ICD debugging can go astray.
TL

Comments please!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:58 am     Reply with quote

Thanks Konrad for your comments. My ICD cable is OK.

Hey you guys are shy or have I said something? - there has been over 90 views for this thread but only one person replied. Can I have your comments please? Please help!

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: