CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CCS Bootloader not working as expected.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:22 am     Reply with quote

The point is what were the fuses when you were loading the code without the bootloader?. Remember to actually 'see' the fuses being used, you have to look at the end of the .lst file. I'd bet that the version you compiled without the bootloader does not match the fuses you actually have in the bootloader. A clock issue like this is not going to miraculously 'go away', so something was fixing it....
soonc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:28 pm     Reply with quote

Ttelmah wrote:
The point is what were the fuses when you were loading the code without the bootloader?. Remember to actually 'see' the fuses being used, you have to look at the end of the .lst file. I'd bet that the version you compiled without the bootloader does not match the fuses you actually have in the bootloader. A clock issue like this is not going to miraculously 'go away', so something was fixing it....

Well I don't normally check the fuses as you described... I simply compare what I've declared.
I really can't say if one .LST file had different value, but I can say the source had the same fuses.

Serial port is working after adding Fuse PUT62MS . It's not magic: with no delay on the power up in the standard alone mode it always worked... I can't explain why, but when I put my scope on the serial Tx pin and the code had bootloader in it the Baud rate was garbage and so SioW did not decode and I made the mistake of assuming the program was not running.

Anyway I still have a problem but that can be fixed in hardware. The unit is sealed and I can't expect the user to unscrew the lid to put a jumper on a pin.
Firmware upgrade needs to be controlled entirely from the Windows Program.

The check eeprom idea works on a different PIC and it will also work here also, but I have to increase the size of the bootloader to handle the eeprom for read and write. The bigger issue what getting the Serial Port to work.

In 512 bytes read_eeprom() is fine but the code gets too big when I add write_eeprom().

Thanks for the suggestions and help, it's much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: