CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

SPI-Problem send multiple bytes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sterngleiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:35 am     Reply with quote

Can you recommend me a pic simulation software that runs stable ?
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:57 am     Reply with quote

None.

Simulators can be slightly useful, for basic things like checking the timing of a small code section, but none are even remotely good enough to be of much use. The MPLAB simulator on the older MPLAB (rather than MPLAB-X), was quite reasonably good, but unfortunately only supports a limited range of processors, getting more and more out of date. The MPLAB-X simulator is far less good.
A chip is the only real test environment.
temtronic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:38 am     Reply with quote

I agree with Mr. T. Having 'played with PICs for 3 decades, I've yet to find a simulator that even remotely performs satisfactorly. I've always tested in the 'Real World' using DIP packaged PICs. NO simulator can inject RF, EMI, loose wires, mis-wires, etc. I also prefer the 'man-sized' parts easier to handle, using pre-made modules for peripherals like RTC, USB and wireless.
When I got into microcomputers, it was hand assembly of machine code, so you did a LOT of mental testing BEFORE burning a chip. Erasing took 15 minutes under a strong UV light. Today's chips allow you to cut code/compile/burn/test dozens of versions in that time.

Jay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: